17. Click

Taehyung does not know what to think. He sits there motionless and lets his heart sink. What he heard is just... Unthinkable. He is tempted to get home this instant. But he decides to call Jungkook once again.

"Hello babe did you forget something?" Jungkook asks.

"Jungkook are you sure everything is alright with the kids?"

"Yes..?"

"Okay I'm coming back tonight."

"O..kay..? I mean you were supposed to come back tomorrow morning..?"

"Yeah I know but I'll just make up an excuse to my boss. We already have the contract anyway."

"Uh.. Okay if you say so... Why do you sound so tensed and nervous though?"

"I'm not nervous but why do you sound so nervous Jungkook ?"

"I am not nervous either."

"Fine."

"Fine."

Jungkook hangs up, really upset. What is wrong with Taehyung suddenly? He shakes his thoughts away and calls the children to eat dinner. However only Taemin comes into the kitchen.

"Nayeon says she's not hungry."

"Okay it's just you and me then I guess." Jungkook smiles softly.

"Y-yes.." Taemin blushes.

"Are you alright TaeTae?" The older asks worriedly.

"Y-yeah.. J-just tired."

"Oh I see. Eat a little bit before you shower and go to sleep okay?"

"Yes Jungkookie hyung.." Taemin says obediently.

Jungkook serves the younger then himself and they start eating.

"About earlier I-"

"Let's forget about it.." Jungkook says se he eats.

Suddenly, Taemin's eyes get teary.

"Why do you keep being nice? I know what we did to you is not nice. I am so sorry. You don't deserve it." He cries.

Jungkook sighs and stands up. He approaches Taemin and hugs him.

Click

"There. Don't cry it's okay little one. I am alright. See?" He says while showing his bunny smile.

"No you're not! And this is all our fault!" Taemin cries harder.

Jungkook's eyes get teary too as he cups his step son's face.

Click

"Please don't be sad okay? It is my problem. Not yours."

"B-but I am sad because I love you Jungkookie hyung."

"Awww and I love you too bub. I am not sad anymore so don't be sad ok?"

"You really love me?" Taemin asks.

"Yeah? I wouldn't I?" Jungkook answers confused.

"Why do you love me? I am a bad boy."

"No you're not. I think you're a very cute little guy with a big big heart. You should be strong and proud of yourself. Also listen to your heart. If you feel like something bad is being forced into your mind don't give in. Alright?"

Taemin blushes as he looks straight into Jungkook's eyes. His step father is very beautiful in his opinion. Even more beautiful close up. He sees why his father is so in love with this man. He nods and approahes Jungkook until his their lips touch.