12. Not Anymore

Hell.

Hell is the word to describe Jungkook's entire day. From the morning to the evening. Throughout the afternoon, customers have been a pain in the ass, acting and talking rude, breaking things, kids dropping their plates, dirtying the whole place. His boss too was particularly annoying: scolding him, bossing him around and shit.

Jungkook just wants to bury himself in Taehyung's crook of neck and never face the world again. All this is really getting to him. He changes into his casual clothes and the tears can't stop falling. He cries silently.

"Jungkook, you alright man?" One of his colleagues asks.

"Yeah. Gotta go." He responds quickly before dashing out of the cafe.

He then waits for Taehyung to fetch him as intended. However after 10 minutes of waiting, Jungkook receives a phone call. He doesn't know why but at first he has a tiny hope that it would be Jimin calling to tell him he didn't mean what he said so they could be friends again. But who is he kidding? Himself apparently. That'll never happen.

"Hey Taehyungie," he greets.

"Uh... Hey Jungkookie well.. something came up with the kids. Nayeon is feeling really sick so I have to get her to the doctor as soon as possible. I'm sorry I can't fetch you."

"It's okay Tae don't worry for me. Keep me updated about Nayeon, I'll be waiting for you at home okay? I'll even prepare dinner." Jungkook says worriedly.

"No Jungkookie you don't have to. You must be exhaust-"

"Nah I insist. Don't worry for me, really, go." Jungkook says softly.

"See you later babe."

They hang up. Jungkook swallows the lump in his throat and walks to the closest bus stop.

Once sat in the bus, he looks at the city unfolding in front of him. People are busy dealing with their own life. Some are smiling, some others are not. Some are alone, some are not... Soon, 20 minutes have passed and he didn't even notice.

"Next stop: Gwanggyo." Jungkook gets up and walks out of the bus.

He enters the house with a spare key -which was hidden under the outside carpet- and immediately starts cooking after washing his hands. Once he is done, the others are still not home so he showers and then lays on his and Taehyung's bed. He stares at the ceiling, definitely not hungry.

After a while, Taehyung and his children get home. It is late so the little ones immediately shower and go to bed. Jungkook walks out of the bedroom and finds Taehyung in the doorway, sighing as he takes his shoes of.

"Are you okay? How is Nayeon?" Jungkook asks.

"She got a severe flu. I am sorry, I know you cooked but the kids absolutely wanted to get McDonald's so I let them eat whatever they wanted."

"Oh I see. That's okay we can still eat what I cooked tomorrow." Jungkook smiles.

"Yeah but I still haven't eaten and neither did you, I bet. So let's have dinner... Just the two of us, what do you think princess?" Taehyung asks with a flirty look.

"Hm... M'not in the mood to eat." Jungkook mutters.

Taehyung looks at him silently. Yup something's definitely wrong.

"Oh come on. I bought ice cream." He then says with a smirk.

"Where!?" Jungkook asks directly.

"First of all, you gotta eat. Such a baby I swear." Taehyung answers as he flicks Jungkook's forehead.