Epilogue

Taehyung, Nayeon and Taemin silently step out of the car, each of them holding beautiful bunches of flowers. After walking past the cemetery's large white portal, they amble across the numerous gravestones aisles looking for a particular grave.

"Oh, I found it..." Taemin says with a slight smile.

His sister and father follow him and without further delay, they delicately put the flowers on the grave before kneeling and praying. They then proceed to talk to the frame picture of the forever young, beautiful person which is resting upon the grave.

They mostly talk about their day and tell the person how much they love and miss them. However, no tears are shed. It has now been two years and the sun had never shone brighter on a Sunday in Seoul. As they slowly walk out of the cemetery, a suave breeze caresses their minds which are, by the way, lighter than ever.

A man had freed them all by simply being in their lives. He didn't know what he was up for when he became a part of this family and in spite of himself, he had touched on a sore spot, it ended up blowing in his face. But his sacrifice led to a bright, beautiful today. The liberation was made at his expense for this man died. But everything leads to believe that it was for the better.

"Dad, I miss Jungkookie." Nayeon says sadly.

"No, I miss him more." Taemin says.

"No I miss him the most!" Taehyung objects in an offended tone making his children laugh.

Before he departed, Jungkook's words were "y'all better not cry" followed by an eyeroll.

His mom, Suri, obviously failed to comply with his demand as she just can't stand being away from her son after what happened. But other than that, everything was just fine with the others. Of course Taehyung and his friends miss him...

But he promised he would come back.

"When are Kookie and Akemi coming back?" Nayeon asks excitedly as she can't wait for Jungkook to hear the songs she wrote about him.

"I want to show him my drawings." Taemin says proudly.

He's gotten better at expressing his emotions through art just like his big sister.

"Well since they were supposed to come back from their honeymoon yesterday, I think they might arrive soon-"

Taehyung's phone suddenly rings.

"Yo, where you at dumbass?! They'll be here anytime now!" Jimin whisper yells.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming, relax, Jeez. We were visiting Irene." Taehyung sighs before hanging up.

"Well, well kiddos, let's go to mama Jeon's we're having a family dinner tonight."

"Yay! Are we gonna see uncle Jinnie and Seokie?"

"And Uncle Minnie and Yoonie?"

"And uncle Joonie and grandpa Jiho?"

"Oh and nana Aiko!"

The children ask.

"Yes, yes. Now hop into the car we're late."

Yes, indeed, this man died long ago but he was not the only one. Another man died, his children too. They all left to make way for this new happy, healthy and burden free family. Taehyung kept seeing his assigned therapist who helped him 'exorcize' his inner devils. The therapies and treatments his children followed proved effective.

As they park in front the oh so familiar, cosy house, they can't help the smiles decorating their faces because the warm, domestic atmosphere emanating from it just feels so good. The children run towards the front door while Taehyung grabs the majestic flower bouquet he left on the passenger seat. His heart is thumping with apprehension at the idea of seeing the younger again after so much time. To be honest he missed him a lot. Jungkook has been busy these past few months.