37. Rest

Around ten minutes later, Akemi's small green car stops in front of a black gate. Suri, Namjoon and Jimin soon get out of the vehicle just after the young man who then opens the trunk to grab the grocery bags.

He leads the way towards the gate and presses on a small white button. After one minute at the most, the impressive gate slowly opens, letting them see a large stone mansion surrounded by so many verduous wonders and whose walls are overflowing with magnificent climbing roses. This place looks like it belongs to the illustration of a fairy tale. Still following Akemi, they step on the path leading to the entrance of the mansion while admiring the nocturnal gleam of the large moonstones forming it.

"Th-that's beautiful..." Jimin whispers as his eyes follow the many fireflies gravitating around them.

"We had to work on new creams and medication, so we've been staying at the shop lately since we set up a whole apartment in the backroom. This is where Jungkook stayed for some days before he was hospitalized. This right here is our real home." Akemi explains.

"Thank you again for letting us stay. I don't know how to return the favor-" Suri doesn't get to finish her sentence as the young man tuts to stop her from speaking further.

"Wow, the apple didn't fall far from the tree I see." Akemi sighs remembering how Jungkook refused any help to pay for his surgery because he had no means of repayment. "You don't have to do anything in return."

"I'll admit that I'm a bit weirded out by such kindness. You are so generous, how come you don't want anything in return?" Namjoon asks suspiciously as Jimin hums in agreement.

"Well, such a mindset represents the symptoms of this sick world." Aiko buts in as she opens the front door to welcome them all. "Come inside."

They all obey the old woman and take their shoes off before entering the vast, warm place. The atmosphere is so pleasant; the divine smell of flowers and the mellifluous, relaxing sound of the impressive indoor fountain makes them feel like they set foot in heaven.

"Akemi, my lovely boy, would you please start making dinner while I help our guests get comfortable?" Aiko asks gently.

Her son gladly accepts and peacefully walks off to the kitchen to put the groceries away and start working on the dinner.

"Let's go into the living room while waiting for the others. I made some hot beverage. You must be so cold." The lady smiles warmly.

The three others waste no time to follow her and sit on the comfortable sofas as she motions for them to do. Jimin hasn't forgotten to send Yoongi their location as soon as they arrived in the area in order for Yoongi and the others to be able to join them as easily as possible once they land on the island.

Akemi brings some mugs and a large, steaming porcelain teapot, he delicately serves the four of them, who thank him in return, then goes back into the kitchen.

"So, what did you mean earlier when you were talking about symptoms of this sick world?"

"Oh, young man... I was simply referring to the idea that humans can't help each other without expecting something in return. As if doing someone a favor for the sole sake of humanity was obsolete. It should not be shocking you. Pure kindness guided by love has become so rare that we tend to become filled with distrust upon experiencing it." Aiko answers Jimin.

The old lady's wise words sink into their minds as the two young men and the older woman sip on the warm, sweet drink. They barely noticed it but their nerves have been more at rest ever since they entered this place.

"This is delicious. What is it?" Suri asks referring to the dark purple liquid in their mugs.

"It is called Bissap; some infused hibiscus with a pinch of vanilla extract and I personally put some honey to sweeten it." The old woman explains softly.