4. Excuse me- what ?

Taehyung is extremely uncertain as he approaches the person in front of him. His heartbeat accelerates. He is afraid. Extremely afraid of being wrong. He somehow feels like he has been fooled all along, even though it may not have been Jungkook's intentions.

"Y-You..." Taehyung finds himself unable to formulate a proper sentence, owing to utter shock.

He can't help the slight disappointment in his eyes betraying him when he looks at Jungkook. Speaking of which, the latter's excitement is long gone. He avoids Taehyung's stare out of guilt and shame, without even knowing why he feels that way. Maybe because he feels like he's a catfish and because it is obvious that Taehyung is disappointed.

"W-well let's have a seat I guess..." The older mutters hesitantly.

Jungkook just nods and sits, speechless.

"So... you're Jungkook...right...?" Taehyung asks with a tiny bit of hope that the man in front of him is just pranking him.

"Yes..." The younger answers while looking down at his hands on the table. He hates this awkward atmosphere.

A sigh is what he is answered with.

"Ok.. W-well to be honest I expected you to be... Hum... A woman..." Taehyung grumbles lightly.

Jungkook's head suddenly jerks upwards as he stares at Taehyung with big eyes for some seconds before bursting into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

Unexpectedly, Taehyung's heart flutters for two reasons. Firstly, the almond, doe eyes he just started into are the most beautiful he's ever seen; they hold so much preciousness and innocence. Second, Jungkook's communicative and contagious laughter makes him feel pretty wierd to the stomach. But it's an agreeable, enjoyable 'wierd'. The laughter gets the best of him as Taehyung succumbs to an equally crazy fit of wholehearted giggles.

After 10 minutes, both calm down and Jungkook wipes the tears that ended up falling due to this intense session of laughter.

"Ooh gosh..." He breathes.

Taehyung surprisingly finds himself looking at the younger fondly.

"I like the way you laugh..." He says coolly.

Maybe that Jungkook boy isn't that bad after all... He's got a dazzling smile, big and pretty doe eyes, plump, glossy lips and fucking adorable bunny teeth. No wonder Taehyung mistook him for a girl. He is not like all these guys who absolutely seek to look "manly". He embraces his part of femininity and his cute childlike face.

"Look I'm sorry if my reaction was kind of rude to you... It's just that on your profile picture you looked so..."

"Feminine... I know I get that a lot." Jungkook answers unfazed as he reads what's on the menu.

Taehyung smiles sheepishly and decides to start a conversation. He wants to make it up for the potential bad first impression he made.

"Soo what are you going to take?" He asks casually, still smiling adorably to the boy who looks at the menu with a pensive pout.

"Mhh well... I want to eat so much things." He blurts out making Taehyung giggle.

"Not gonna lie I also want to eat a whole meal but it's not in the menu card... It's actually holding it..." Taehyung says.

"Aw shoot, what do you wanna eat then? Do you wanna go somewhere els-" Jungkook abruptly stops when he realizes what the older meant.

Immediately, his cheeks turn into a very dark shade of pink. He slaps Taehyung's shoulder and hides his face behind the menu card.

"You idiot. I never thought that you'd actually act like a prev in real life." He mutters while the other laughs at him.

Soon, a waiter walks to their table ready to write down whatever they choose to eat.

"What will you have misters?" He asks politely while eyeing Jungkook -a bit too much for Taehyung's liking.

"Well... I can't choose. What do you suggest?" Jungkook asks innocently, making the waiter smile fondly.

"Well for a pretty boy like you I'd go for the best dish in this menu, the Royal Feast. It contains one big portion of Japchae, one big portion of cheesy Tteokboki, lamb skewers, Samgyeopsal, two XXL rainbow Gimbaps, five Mandoos, a small seasonal salad and some fried rice on the side."

"Oh well that's perfect !" Jungkook beams as he gives the menu back to the waiter who looks at him with hearts in his eyes.

Taehyung looks at the scene unfolding in front of him with a raging feeling of discomfort. He fake coughs loudly so the waiter adverts his eyes from Jungkook.

"Hum actually WE'll take that right Jungkookie?" He asks, making the called one choke on his own saliva owing to the new found nickname. The older actually never called him that before.

"Y-yeah of course!" He squeaks.

The waiter nods and bows before heading to the kitchen to pass the order.

"What was that Taehyung?" Jungkook asks, confused.

"Well, he was just being annoying." The said one huffs.

"No, he was being nice. I don't see where the problem is."

"Oh, let it down. The guy was just flirting instead of working." Taehyung grumbles.

Suddenly Jungkook understands. A smile slowly crips into his lips.

"Are you perhaps... A little jealous?"

"What the fuck- no! It's just that I hate people who don't do their job correctly that's all. Flirting with a client is unprofessional in case you didn't know..." The older defends himself.

"Yeah sure..." the other giggles.

Taehyung's ego is a little bit hurt as he scoffs and avoids Jungkook's gaze.

"So... Have you lost the bet?" The younger asks teasingly.

"Far from that." Taehyung answers straight away.

Not yet... he tells himself.

"What about you?" He asks Jungkook with a flirty tone.

Even though he felt a slight pinch in his heart when he heard Taehyung's response, he decides to play along.

"Nope. Still not in love with you grandpa..." He sasses.

YES. I've lost the fucking bet. But I can't let you know. At least not now. He thinks.

"Good."

"Yeah Good."

Awkward silence.

"Here is your order." The waiter announces as he sets everything on the table after around half an hour.

Jungkook stares at the plates with stars in his eyes and the waiter drops a little paper next to his hand before walking away. However it went unnoticed by the younger who didn't have to be told twice to dig into the meal. Taehyung is torn between amusement as he watches Jungkook stuffing himself like an adorable little piggy and the desire to murder someone as he watches the waiter stealing not so discreet glances at Jungkook.

When those glances become way too insistent in his opinion, Taehyung decides to take action. His hand reaches for the corner of Jungkook's lips. He uses his finger to wipe the remaining sauce from there and taste it.

"Hmm that's delicious." He says as Jungkook freezes and looks at him with a big blush.

"Hyung- what are you doing?!" He whisper-yells, embarrassment clear on his face.

The waiter approaches.

"Is everything okay?" He asks.

"Ah yes it is delicious, thank you!" Jungkook smiles.

Just as the waiter is about to tell something to Jungkook Taehyung can't take it anymore.

"Jungkook."

"Yeah?" Jungkook answers as he turns his head toward him.

He doesn't even have the time to process anything. Next thing he knows, Taehyung's lips are pressed against his own.