9. Unlike Usual

"Remember what I said Taemin?" Nayeon asks as the now 10 and 8 year-old siblings are getting dressed for today's special occasion.

"Yeah, yeah I got it but why should we do that? I mean-"

"No, shut up. Do you want what I told you last time to happen?"

"No! Not at all."

"Good. Then do as I say and everything will be okay."

"Okay..." The youngest sibling gives in.

Taehyung is beyond stressed. Today is not a simple day. It is a very, very special day to him and his family. The day Jungkook will finally meet his children. They are going to eat at the couple's favourite restaurant.

"Kids ! Do you need some help getting dressed?" Asks Taehyung.

"For the 10th time, no dad. We're old enough to dress by ourselves." Nayeon answers as she and Taemin proceed to go down the stairs, all cleaned up and nicely dressed.

"Finally. C'mon we're gonna be late." Taehyung rushes.

They all get into the car in a hurry.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Today is a rainy day. Jungkook is currently in his Mom's car. Since no one else could, Suri offered the younger a ride to his date. Her son couldn't risk getting all wet and end up sick. Umbrellas exist but she just needed an excuse to be with her son.

"So... I'm happy everything went smoothly between you and him. Guess I was wrong after all." She says.

"Oh... Yeah.. I guess..." Jungkook says uncomfortably.

"Listen-"

"Look-"

"Oh- you go first."

"No you go first."

"Alright. I know I told you I'll never talk to you about my love life again and I am sorry. I know you only wanted to protect me but don't worry for me anymore. Okay Ma?"

"Oh please don't be silly honey. Are you really telling a mom not to worry for her child? That's my job. What if I told you to stop sucking dicks?"

"Oww touché." Jungkook says making Suri chuckle.

"Well truth to be told, I'm sooo fucking scared right now. As you already know I am meeting his kids today. Like- I don't know if they'll accept me, or think I'm here to replace their mom or even worse! What if I am a bad step parent?" Jungkook mutters.

"Kook it's time to toughen the hell up, eventually. A child of mine is no loser. So you're gonna try your best as usual and handle everything like a boss. Cause that's what I do. So that runs in your blood too. Ain't no 'what if's. You're afraid of nothing son. Especially not little brats that spend their time eating bogeys. Got it?"

"Yes mommy. Thank you. I feel better now." Jungkook giggles.

He really looks up to her. He wishes he could be just as strong.

"Good. You better tell me how it went. Bye have a nice day kiddo." His mother says as she drives away leaving Jungkook on the side walk in front of the said place.

"You too mom..." He trails as he watches his mom drive away before looking at the McDonald's front door.

Suddenly his phone rings. Fuck it's Taehyung. Are they waiting for him? Dang he is now feeling bad for making them wait. He hurriedly walks in while picking up his phonecall.