13. Cupcakes

It's been months. Almost a year to be precise. Jungkook has been living with Taehyung and the kids. Everything is so fine. He and the kids have a great relationship, same regarding him and Taehyung. He hasn't contacted his family and his ex bestfriends ever since. Nor have they contacted him.

Taehyung is more and more busy with work because he got a promotion but it does not prevent him from enjoying his beautiful family. Whatsoever, it gives Jungkook the opportunity to get closer to his children whenever he is not home.

Speaking of which, Jungkook is currently at the park with the kids. They are enjoying themselves on a seesaw while he keeps an eye on them from afar.

"So when do we begin?"

"Tomorrow since that's when daddy leaves for his business trip." Nayeon answers her little brother with a wicked grin.

"Okay."

"Hey kids, let's get some ice cream! Then how about we go to the movies? We could watch the new Marvel!" Jungkook says happily with his bunny smile.

"Yaaay thank you Jungkookie appa we love you so much!" The kids say in unison.

Jungkook looks at them with so much shock and emotion. He did not expect them to call him 'appa' and this is making him so happy and emotional. Could it be that he is now fully accepted by his step children? He is therefore the happiest man on earth. He quickly wipes his happy tears and says.

"I love you too. Now let's get it!" He says.

"The last one to reach the ice cream van is a loser!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Don't forget babe. No TV past 8 P.M, vegetables in the meals, homework done straight away after school and then-"

"Yes, yes and then they have to shower right after homework is done, not too much candies, gotta make sure they brush their teeth perfectly before going to sleep, I shouldn't give in to their whims and tantrums even if they give me puppy eyes and finally, I gotta reassure them whenever they need it. Relax you're just going to Daegu for 2 days." Jungkook finishes Taehyung's mental list for his children.

"Yes but you forgot something..." Taehyung says looking a little bit upset.

"What..?" Jungkook asks worriedly trying hard to remember.

"Take care of yourself baby. Because that really matters a lot to me." Taehyung says as he kisses Jungkook gently.

"Oh yeah, will do. Don't worry for me."

"Of course I worry for you, wifey."

Jungkook blushes.

"Oh shut up and go you'll miss your flight."

"I love you Kookie. Bye kids! Daddy loves you and don't forget to be good with appa Jungkookie." Taehyung warns.

"Or else I'll whoop your asses."

The children nod and run to their dad to kiss him goodbye.

"Don't do like mommy and come back alive please." Taemin says innocently.

Taehyung's heart clenches.

"I promise baby. I gotta go now. See you!"

With that, Taehyung closes the front door for good, leaving Jungkook looking for a way to cheer the kids up and clear the suddenly gloomy mood.