19. Good Enough?

The Kim/Jeon household are having a calm familial dinner like every evening.

"May the mighty Lord bless our meal." Says Nayeon.

"Amen." Her and her little brother say.

Taehyung and Jungkook look at them weirdly.

"Why so religious suddenly?" Taehyung chuckles.

"Well that's because I know it's the education mommy wanted to give us."

Jungkook giggles and nods in understanding.

"What's so funny? Making fun of my Mommy's wishes?" Nayeon barks.

Jungkook loses his smile.

"N-no I-"

"He wasn't sweetie don't get all defensive." Taehyung defends him.

Nayeon rolls her eyes and eats.

Jungkook is currently folding the kids' laundry while humming a song.

"Oh Mommy used to fold our laundry while singing too. Except that she used to do it way better than you do." Nayeon tells him before shooting a neatly folded pile of clothes.

Which made a mess. Jungkook sighs and mutters 'pabo' under his breath once she leaves.

The happy family is currently at the carnival. Another happy family passes by them. The mother is pushing a stroller with two babies inside.

"Oh! Dad, I want a baby sister!" Nayeon says to Taehyung.

"Oh I want a baby brother then!" Taemin says.

"But Jungkookie can't bear children babies. And we can't adopt for now." Taehyung answers quickly before being dragged to a rollercoaster by an excited Taemin.

"Awww he sucks. If Mommy was alive she would've been able to give me a real little sister." Nayeon whispers.

However only Jungkook has heard what she said -of course it was made on purpose- he decides not to give her any credit. Even though the constant provocation is starting to get under his skin.

"No I don't like this kimchi. It tastes like poop. Mommy's used to be better." Nayeon says as she crosses her arms in front of the plate of Kimchi made by Jungkook.

"Let me remind you that Jungkook is not a professional chief to please Miss Nayeon's whims. He's doing his best to cook since I can't cook for crap. Be grateful. You want to be a good Christian for Mommy? Then start by being grateful for what you have." Taehyung answers, annoyed.

"Plus I find the kimchi delicious you haven't even tried it..." Taemin frowns at his sister's behavior.

Since they got up early before anyone else, Taemin and Taehyung decided to go get some breakfast outside and bring it home. So in the meanwhile, since they still haven't returned, Jungkook is has decided to do some routine workout in front of the TV which is showing an online workout program.

"Oh my god you smell like sweat. Fucking stink. Can't you do that somewhere else? You think this is your house?" Nayeon says.

"Also stop trying to have a nice body. It will never be more beautiful than Mommy's. Daddy said that mommy had the body of a goddess. And he loves thin bodies with boobies. He used to touch Mommy's non stop. Also he loves long hair. You have none of that and you are chubby. He didn't even like boys in the first place. Maybe you will end up disgusting him."

Jungkook rolls his eyes and sighs.

"Please stop comparing me to your Mom I am not-"

"No you're not and you'll never be her. She was Dad's first love and he will never unlove her! A-and he will never forget her even if he kisses you!"

"I-"

"A-also I'm sure if my Mommy comes back to life my dad would throw you away like some trash."

"Nayeon stop. That's enough." Jungkook groans before getting out of the living room in a hurry, his hands covering his mouth.

He really wants to puke.

After he threw up, Jungkook stares at the wall, feeling so... Empty and tired. He's been feeling unwell lately. Whether it is physically or emotionally. Even though he's actually handling Nayeon's tantrums pretty well right now, he is not sure he will be able to stand it in the long term.

He likes to think that this is just a phase and that it will not last very long. That the young girl is just very sad and misses her Mommy. That's all. However her words still hit his soul.

'Am I good enough ?'