28. Peace

"I'm sorry mom, I came as fast as I could! What happened!?" Namjoon pants as he barges into the hospital room where Suri and Jiho have been holding each other for dear life while crying.

"Namjoon I failed. I failed as a mother." The woman cries miserably.

"What- what do you mean mom? I don't get it! Did... No- did something happen to Jungkook??" Namjoon asks frantically as bile is going up his throat while the uneasy feeling in his stomach returns.

"Namjoon, please. I know it is particularly hard for you, trust me it is for us too. But I'm gonna need you to keep your cool-" his father tries to reason but he is cut off by Namjoon.

"Dad, what happened?? Why is mom on a hospital bed? Why is she crying? Why did she say that she failed as a mother?" He asks, feeling his last bit of sanity disappear.

Before anyone could even utter a word, several people enter the room. And Seokjin gives Namjoon an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry I tried to convince them to give you some privacy but they insisted..."

"Auntie..." Jimin whispers. "We read the papers. I'm so sorry."

Everyone in the room is crying or in utter shock. Only Namjoon and Seokjin look clueless, although one of them is also looking like he is about to blow up.

"Joonie..." Jiho tried to say carefully as he sees his son's eyes twitching with anger.

"Jungkookie is missing and he is sick. Very sick."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jungkook opens his eyes and finds himself on a very comfy bed in a bright, spacious room which smells of musk and jasmine. He gets up groggily and looks around the place. This is definitely not his new appartement. He remembers closing the restaurant and walking back hom- oh no. He never got back home. He starts panicking as he now finds himself in an unknown place feeling weak and exhausted although his body doesn't hurt as much as yesterday.

"Don't worry son, you are safe here." A warm voice interrupts his thoughts. "I can tell you've had it rough. You don't need to tell me anything, I already know."

He turns to the voice and his eyes meet those of an old dark skinned lady with black almond eyes, and long, curly silver hair.

"Uh..." He croaks as a pathetic attempt to speak.

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. How rude. My name is Aiko." She beams.

Jungkook watches with a bit of apprehension as she gets closer to him. He soon feels a cool hand on his forehead, causing him to sigh and relax because it makes him feel heavenly.