25. The Island

"Oi Jungkook ah! Come here." His boss calls.

Jungkook speed walks to his boss's office.

"Yes sir?"

"What's up with your face? Are you on drugs or something?" The director asks with utter concern.

"I'm okay. I just-"

"Jeon. You better rest. I am not kidding."

"I do rest it's just my usual face-"

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? You look pale, tired and you've lost weight. Also don't get me started on how you act here, always running to the bathroom, not eating at your lunch time, being distracted and all."

"I swear everything is just fine. Please stop worrying about me, really." Jungkook bows and tries to hide his annoyance.

What is he? His boss or his fucking dad? He better drop it and let him be sick in peace.

The boss sighs and shakes his head to dismiss the conversation, having sensed the younger's temper.

"Mm... Right..." He says unconvinced.

"I have a phone call for you." He adds proudly, handing the phone to Jungkook.

The younger is confused but takes the phone nonetheless.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Is this Jeon Jungkook on the line?" A female voice asks.

"Yes it is. May I ask who I am talking to?" He asks in a polite tone.

"Of course. I am Goo So Mi. Owner of the restaurant your boss told you about. Look. To be honest I am very busy, running out of time and lacking staff. One of our waiters is on sick leave and I'm gonna need you to start your shift today at 6 PM because we're receiving very important people tonight. Deal?"

Jungkook is taken aback but shakes his confusion away and gets himself together.

"Of course, deal."

"Perfect. So your flight to Jeju Island is planned for 1:30 PM since you have to come earlier to settle in your new home. Then at 4, you'll come to the restaurant so we can brief you about your job. Am I clear?"

"Very."

"Great. See you later then."

Without further words, the line is cut. The young man looks at his boss with surprise. He honestly did not expect this to happen so fast. But he is happy.

Thereby, he spends the rest of the morning saying goodbye to his colleagues and packing his stuff awaiting his fresh, brand new start.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"So you think he blocked your number?" Hoseok asks.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure he did. It goes straight to the mailbox everytime I try to call him. At this point I might as well give that letter to his parents. Oh wait I don't know their address. Then I'll give it to Jimin or Yoongi. I know where they live." Taehyung sighs.

"Why do you sound so nervous about it though? Are you worried about him?" Hoseok smirks.

"Of course I am! It's not a random letter, it's a big letter from the hospital. Now that we talk about it I remember him looking like he was about to pass out way too often. Fuck. If only I-"

"Shut your ass up. Let me call him with my phone maybe he'll answer." The older cuts him off.

"Yeah do that." Taehyung sighs.