Chapter 5

Dabi's POV: (still flashback)

There she stood in front of me. Looking up at me with her beautiful (e/c) orbs. They hold so much I can tell. And I want to know what's hidden there.

She licked her lips, obviously wanting to say something but she froze. Just like me.

And this moment has been interrupted by her phone's ringtone, snapping the both of out of our trance-like state.

"Ah, sorry." She apologized and took her phone out of her purse, immediately picking it up. "Hi....yes...no......no, where are you?" She talked with someone she probably knew depending on her replies.

There was a long pause and she started frowning. "What? Are you insane? He's going to kill us!" She yelled. "...no! I'm not calming down! You spent our monthly rent in the fucking casino in hope of winning more money?! Are you insane? What are we going to do now? That was my money too!"

Seems like there's bullshit going down on her.

"No! The owner is coming tomorrow morning! He's going to kick us out and we are going to end up under some bridge without having a proper roof over our head because you were irresponsible! How could you-... No I'm not stopping with yelling!.... Okay, you know what? I'm coming." She then hung up and facepalmed, squatting down on the ground. "Fuck... What the hell am I going to do now..." She mumbled.

I crouched down next to her. "Hey what happened?"

She sighed. "Not important..."

"For me it seems like it." I spoke and she hurriedly stood up.

"Sorry Dabi but I have to go home now." She said and started walking away. I followed.

"You shouldn't wander around the dark streets by yourself. It's dangerous for a girl like you." I walked past her, making her stop in her tracks.

"Dabi I don't have time for this. I can take care of myself." She insisted.

"Oh yeah? Like the last time I had to save your ass from those thugs who were about to rape you? Do I look like an idiot? Huh?" She tried to walk past me several times but I didn't let her. I won't let her go alone.

"Dabi please! Stop!"

"No. I'm going to escort you home, like it or not."

She clicked her tongue and turned on her heels, walking to the other direction. I built up a wall of flames in front of her with my quirk, so she wouldn't be able to run away the other direction.

She turned back to me furiously and stomped towards me. "Let me fucking go home by myself! I don't have time for your shitty games!"

"This is not a game. Now shut up and let's go." I told her. She pouted and mumbled something I didn't hear clearly, but I knew she agreed.

She led the way to the outskirts of the town. It's a pretty bad district. Full of thugs, criminals, troublemakers, villains like myself. "You live here?" I asked her.

"Yes..." She replied. There was a sudden loud sound, reminding me of glass breaking. Also a few gunshots could be heard in the distance a couple of blocks away. Even the neighboring dogs started barking too, their sounds echoing throughnout the area. It didn't surprise me. The buildings were mostly crumbling, the road and the sidewalk was shitty...

However something caught me by surprise. Which is how (y/n) flinched and grabbed onto my arm when these sounds appeared.

I looked down at her. Her face was full of worry and fear.

A group of guys whistled for her, shouting dirty words for her and how they would fuck her, what else they would do to her if she went there. So disgusting...