Chapter 7

Author's note: prepare a bag of chips or popcorn. I got carried away and I wrote more than 2300 words for this chapter.

Happy reading huns! ❤️

Dabi's POV: (present~)

I miss her so fucking much... And sitting here with my guitar in my hands just make me remember her more and it's piercing my heart. All those memories of her... They are all so precious to me. (Y/n) herself was precious to me. She still is. And she always will be, because there is no one else in this world existing who I value as much as her.

But I fucked up everything... That's why she left me.

I rereaded her letter a thousand times to find a solution or a hint where did it go wrong, what did I do and I always ended up at the same point. And figured she's right. I didn't pay enough attention to her, I ignored her, but it all was because of exhaustion. Now I know what I should have done but it's too late to be smart. I have no more chances. I suppose she even gave me time in hope of change, and she had enough of waiting.

I should have gave all my time to her, I should have held her hands more often, I should have bought stupid flowers for her. It's so fucking cheesy but she liked that kind of stuff. She always melted whenever I did something cheesy for her. Damn, how much I loved to see her like that. So flustered, so fragile and so lovely... so beautiful. I shouldn't have ignored or refused her whenever she wanted to talk to me.

I know now all the things I should have done when I was your man...

"Fuck..." I cursed myself and put back the guitar in it's place. I wasn't in the mood to play on it. And I had a feeling that I won't be for a long time...

I went out into the living room and plopped down on the sofa, turning on the tv. Perhaps it would be able to distract me a bit even though all the channels are always boring.

On the news channel I stopped clicking the button on the remote control. Another lame news about the league and the members, including me as well. The heroes are too foolish and delusional if they think they can catch us.

I remember how (y/n) freaked out when she saw the news about her old apartment burning down. And of course she knew it was me since it was ignited by blue flames.

.
.
.

Flashback~

I played her a random song on my guitar and all the time she was smiling at me. She became a blushing mess whenever I glanced up at her, turning my attention away from the strings. She was in awe and I would do anything to see that lovely smile of her's more often. And I didn't know the reason why I wanted it so bad.

Once the song ended I still held the guitar in my hands and we were staring at each other. And I noticed myself getting closer and closer to her. She was doing the same. At that moment none of us knew what the hell we were doing or why.

I glanced down at her lips for less than a second. She had such gorgeous lips. Pink and plump. Makes me want to have a taste of them.

But I managed to stop myself and put down the guitar instead in it's place...

She didn't say anything, she just stood up.

I dug inside my pocket for my box of cigarettes and offered her one. She accepted it and we went out onto the balcony to smoke.

"Now you owe me two cigarettes." I said to her, leaning on the railing and watching the city below.

The view is blocked by a higher building so we were unable to see the district she was living in. It meant that she couldn't see the fire either. However there were a lot of sirens filling up the town. I suppose they all are rushing there.