Chapter 15

Dabi's POV:

I didn't know how much we slept, but it was dark outside, so I grabbed my phone from the nightstand to take a look at the date and time.

My drunk self places my phone there every time. Self high-five.

It was the same day, or rather the next day, but still at night, yet I didn't feel myself tired at all. Looking over (y/n) she was peacefully sleeping next to me. I laid back next to her in hope of falling asleep again.

However I took a long look at her before closing my eyes. I remembered everything that happened back in the carnival, yet it felt like it was just a dream. Who knows, maybe it was, we both were high as fuck afterall. But the picture in my head and the feeling was too clear to be fake. We definitely fucked.

As I looked at her right now she looked so peaceful. Like an innocent little bunny sleeping next to the beast, which was me in this case of course. She's probably been through a lot in her life, so am I... but even though whatever she did in the past, whatever she's been through I'm sure it was only half as bad as what I am doing in my every day life.

I killed countless innocent people, robbed banks, shops, pickpocketed a lot of people on the streets or at parties, bought and sold drugs... literally did everything to be titled as a criminal. Because I am. And she knew all of that, yet she's not afraid of me at all.

She's talking back a lot, she's acting like a fierce little brat. Perhaps she knows by instinct I wouldn't ever lay a hand on her in a bad way. Even if I was ordered to, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to hurt her. The reason to that of course is unknown to me too. Strange. Very very strange.

But I guess it's fine if it comes to her. Maybe she's someone I can trust. She doesn't seem like to be someone who would betray me like everyone else did in the past. Perhaps I could give it a shot and see what happens. And maybe... it would be worth it to change a little bit for her. Let a side of me come out again which I tucked away a very long time ago.

With those last thoughts I wrapped an arm around her and closed my eyes in hope of being able to fall asleep again.

And luckily I did.

.
.
.

I woke up to my phone buzzing like crazy. The sound of it almost ear deafening. My head was pounding painfully. Every time I get drunk I promise myself not to drink anymore. But we all know it's always an empty promise. Never becoming true.

"Turn it off..." (Y/n) muttered, grabbing the pillow from beside her and putting it over her head.

I tiredly turned around, grabbing my phone to see who was calling me.

Shigaraki...

"Fuck you handyman." I muttered and turned off my phone, not wanting to hear his nonsense. I would be useless anyway in this state. There are other members in the league who he could summon to do shit for him.

I was about to fall back asleep when I heard phone buzzing again. I growled and grabbed my phone. Did I not turn it off? No, I did... Then what the-

The buzzing started again. It was (y/n)'s phone this time, I figured. "Turn that shit off, it gives me a headache."

I felt her shuffle beside me and the bed wasn't sinking next to me anymore. Cracking an eye open I saw she was walking out of the room with the phone in her hand. Maybe the call is important...

I didn't really care so I turned over my stomach and closed my eyes again. The blanket was messy around me, barely covering my lower half, but I didn't really have to care about being cold because my quirk unintentionally kept me warm all the time. In summers it can be a curse. However I needed the blanket because I could never sleep without it.