Chapter 32 (Alternative ending)

Author's note: here's the alternative ending you were all seeking for. Don't worry, only the very beginning of it is the same as the other last chapter.

Happy reading huns ❤️

.
.
.

Dabi's POV:

A gunshot...

That's what I heard coming from behind (y/n). My eyes widened in horror, but I sighed in relief when she turned around and pointed at our enemy as she spoke up. "Ha! Loser! You missed!" She exclaimed.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her. She was always a child in the heart. A fierce, strong woman who talks back a lot, but somehow I loved it. I didn't know the reason. All I knew was that she was the one I was always looking for.

Who am I kidding... I wasn't looking for anyone. I used to bring different women in my bed every single day, but when she stepped into my life I stopped that. She had some kind of magical effect on me that clouded my mind. All I could think about was her after our first encounter. We went through a lot and denied for so long that we are not a couple. We told ourselves that we are just 'hanging out'. However later the both of us knew that it was bullshit. We were together. We couldn't and didn't want to deny it anymore.

Things happened so fast... In a blink of an eye a whole year has passed and we didn't even realize it and despite all the toxic shit we were madly in love with each other.

Two broken souls who never had a chance to prove their worth to the world. I was a criminal, a villain in the public eye, while she was always titled as a simple whore, a prositute. Nothing else. Maybe that's why we got along so well.

She never wanted anything else but someone who accepts her. I wanted the same for myself and I got it from her. I knew I wasn't a smooth-skinned man. Some people even called me a monster due to my looks. My scars that is... But she never did. She loved me the way I was and that meant the world to me.

The guy wanted to shoot again but he was out of bullets. Faster than light itself I appeared right next to him and stomped on his wrist, hearing his bones cracking under my boots. He yelled in pain, too distracted to pay attention to anything else other than his broken wrist.

"It hurts, doesn't it? That's what fuckers like you deserve for laying a hand on my girl. But just for you to see how generous I am, I'm gonna kill you quickly." I stared down at him with cold, emotionless eyes, not feeling the slightest pity for him. He hurt my (y/n) and I can't stand the thought that he was still breathing. Moreover he was inhaling the same air as me and it annoyed me.

Raising my hand in the air I let my flames appear in my palm. The guy was still writhing in pain and that sight was pure satisfactory for me.

I changed my mind... He doesn't deserve quick death.

With my other leg I kicked his side with the biggest strength I could put into that single kick, then repeated it, hearing his ribs cracking this time. A sinister grin grew over my face. I was enjoying this more than I should.

All of that pain I had to endure ever since (y/n) was torn away from me. All of those tears I shed, every word she was forced to say to me to keep me away from her... Everything that happened until now- I wanted him to suffer for his crimes, suffer for what he did to me, to us. Suffer for ruining our relationship. Suffer for daring to lay a hand on (y/n). Suffer for frightening her. Suffer for crossing such boundaries just because she owed money for him. Something that could have been easily solved. But no... I wanted him to feel at least a small part of the pain that I felt. Even if I kicked and punched him till he died wouldn't even compete with the pain I felt in these last few weeks.