Chapter 31

Author's note: More than 2300 words. Prepare your popcorn 🍿

.
.
.

Dabi's POV:

During my search for the basement I met several other idiots who got in my way. Some of them had quirks I could hardly beat but eventually I succeeded and killed every one of them.

One of the guys even shot me on my left upper arm, but luckily it only caused a scratch and didn't land in my flesh. That would hurt I bet.

Broken glass cracked under my boots as I took each step to my destination. The last idiot told me there's a secret door in the office under the desk so I tried to find that certain place.

Soon I found it on the main floor. At least I assumed this should be it. Bookshelves, a desk with a chair... Armchairs, expensive cigars, liquor and decoration. I took a look at one of the papers which laid on the desk. It was nothing important that could help me in any way, because I still had no idea what kind of hideout this should be.

At this point it can be anything. The mafia, drug dealers, a home for a pimp according to (y/n)'s ex job. Who knows...

But soon everything should make sense. I will finally find out the truth about this whole shit.

Many questions were racing through my mind. All of them unanswered and only (y/n) can tell me what is this about. Why she left me, what caused her to take this step, what possibly could force her to act this way and lie to me.

I kicked the desk over and saw a square shaped door on the ground with a handle and a security panel attached to it.

"Hey kid, I need some help." I spoke to the hacker.

"Call me kid one more time if you want to pay 5x price for my work. I'm not a kid!" He stubbornly said. "I'm already working on it anyway, but it's not as easy as it seems you know."

I rolled my eyes then rubbed my temples. "Okay I'm sorry. Geez..." I muttered the last part.

"I hear everything you say no matter how quietly you speak." He informed me. "Okay I got the gate. You should be able to open it now."

The red dot changed to green, so I squatted down on the ground and grabbed the handle to open the door which of course worked.

I looked down and saw nothing else but a metal ladder that will lead me down to the basement.

I climbed down on it, skipping the last few steps by jumping down instead. I tried to be as quiet as I could to avoid any surprises that might await me down there.

The whole place was dark grey and cold white ceiling lamps lit up the halls.

"Dabi, can you still hear me?" Asked the hacker.

"Yeah, why?" Meanwhile I opened the doors which crossed my way to see what's insde. Huge amount of cash, drugs, guns and illegal stuff were kept down insde here. Just as I expected.

"The connection between us might get lost since you are underground. I try to look for any closed doors and open them for you if there are any till I can, but if you won't hear me anymore I can't help you further."

I listened to his words as I kept on searching for any traces of (y/n). Whoever is behind this made sure I wouldn't get to her too early if I found this place. This whole basement or underground facility or whatever they call it is a fucking pain in the ass...

I reached the end of the hallway and I had two choices. Left and right. I asked the hacker about it if he has an idea which way I should go.

"Do you see anything if you look to both sides?" He asked.