Chapter 25

Dabi's POV: flashback~

"Where are you now?" I asked (y/n) through the phone because she called me to help her since she got lost in one of the streets and she didn't really trust anyone besides me.

I was away at the bar because boss called us in again to discuss a few things, but I was fortunately leaving already.

It was boring as hell before you ask... I almost fell asleep while he spoke

"If I knew where I was I wouldn't have called you, Dabi geez." She replied.

I hopped on my bike in the meantime, throwing away a single cigarette stub since I was smoking. "Then tell me what's surrounding you. Any unique shops or signs? Or do you see the name of the street somewhere?"

She said she went out to buy a few things for home and now she's fucking lost and doesn't know which way she should go.

"Umm... Let me see... There are cherry blossom trees and-"

I cut her off. "Literally there are cherry blossom trees everywhere in the whole fucking town (y/n), don't be dumb please." I rubbed my temples.

"I haven't finished yet, you idiot! Fuck you by the way!" She retorted.

"I said buildings and signs not shitty plants and fuck you too."

Saying fuck you to each other became some kind of habit for us I guess

She said she saw a jewelry shop and a restaurant, both having unique names which was enough for me to figure out where she is.

"Alright babe, stay where you are and don't talk to strangers, kay?"

"Yes daddy..." She sarcastically replied.

"I like the sound of that. Maybe you could say it-" she cut the call. "Fucking bitch." I muttered, chuckling a bit. She understood what I wanted but she fucking ended the call.

Putting my phone away in the depth of my jacket's pocket I started the engine of my bike, soon driving off and headed to where she was probably located.

The sun was setting and there was a slight chance of meeting the heroes or the police, or people reporting that I'm riding a bike on the streets.

It never happened before, but the devil never sleeps... You can never know.

Stopping at a red light I cautiously looked to both sides to see if the people are looking. One of the drivers were looking at me with sharp, puzzled eyes, but soon he recognised me of course and told something to his girlfriend or whatever and I saw from the corner of my eyes that she is dialling a number on her phone.

Glancing up at the traffic light I saw that there was almost a minute left before it would turn green so I went a bit ahead and again looked to both sides to see if I could cross the street.

Once I saw a gap between the cars I accelerated, going so fast with my bike that the first wheel also went up in the air. I heard several curses from the people, even hearing two cars crashing behind me. "Oops..." I muttered. Not that I cared though... But at least the woman who called the police as I assumed would rather focus on the accident than on me. I will be far away till they would arrive anyway.

Or so I thought, because loud sirens were coming my direction. "Fuck. Not now..." Turning a sharp left I went to a side street, slaloming between the cars and fortunately the police didn't notice me, but I accelerated more anyway. This way I had to take a detour but I couldn't let myself get caught.

A couple of long streets later I arrived to where (y/n) told me she might be, seeing both the restaurant and the jewelry shop she was talking about, but I haven't seen her. I took a look at my phone and saw a message from her with a photo in it telling were she is exactly. I hopped off my bike and walked there.