Chapter 27

Dabi's POV: present~

I was out on the streets again, because I couldn't stay at home. Everything I looked at reminded me of her. Every single object I have in that apartment had a memory fragment of her. And it hurt fucking much... So that's why I'm heading somewhere to cool off.

"Haven't seen you here for a while, Dabi." Kaito greeted me at the bar, pouring a glass of whiskey for me. "The usual?"

"Yeah..." I muttered under my nose as I sat down on the bar stool at my usual spot.

Fuck, I'm again at a place where we used to go with (y/n)... But I'm too lazy to find a new one, so I guess I'm staying. It's been a while since I last talked with Kaito anyway.

"What's up?" He asked, handing me the glass of alcohol.

I clicked my tongue, grabbing the glass and immediately breaking it with my bare palm, hand bleeding becuse of the broken glass pieces.

"Whoa whoa whoa, did I say something wrong?" He handed me a handkerchief to wipe the blood off my hands and cleaned up the counter, collecting the glass pieces.

"Sorry. I'm gonna pay that." I muttered to him and stood up, heading towards the restrooms. "Please open a bottle for me. Thanks."

With the help of my right hand and my quirk I burned the wound which was caused by that glass to finally stop bleeding. I hissed in pain and also as I walked I bumped into someone on my way since I didn't really look, the stranger catching my arm for support.

"Sorry, wasn't loo-" I wanted to say but the person who I bumped into to my dismay was non other than (y/n). "(Y/n)." I whispered, eyes widening.

She stared back at me wide eyed, still holding onto my upper arm, trying to register the situation. I didn't drink anything yet today, yet I still felt like my eyes were dazzling.

"Dabi." She whispered my name. Again I saw that same sparkle in her eyes which she so badly tried to hide and deny that she still loved me. But I knew she did.

Altough I still didn't know the mystery behind it.

Unintentionally I stepped closer to her, slowly but surely closing the distance between us and she wasn't backing away, just kept on staring into my eyes all the while.

"Do you know you just betrayed yourself?" Brushing my thumb over her bottom lip I inhaled deeply to feel that unique scent of her's for one more time, closing my eyes to fully enjoy it. Touching her again was better than a dream, but if I didn't do that I would think that I was just imagining her again. It happened to me a lot of times afterall since she left me.

Opening my eyes again, she was still grazing her eyes on me, raising her palms over my chest to touch me as well. Despite her continuous denying, she couldn't resist for any longer.

Her lips started to tremble and tears welled up in her eyes, soon rolling down her cheeks.

"Why are you hurting us? Why don't you tell what the fuck is going on that you had break up with me? I'm not dumb (y/n)... I know very well that you still love me. Then why?" I asked her. "Whatever is holding you back from telling me the truth, we can solve it together. But if you don't let me help you I can't do anything other than fucking drinking all the booze I can buy till I don't remember a thing, because what you do now (y/n) is fucking unfair."

She shook her head, guilt evident in her eyes. She felt just as bad as me, perhaps even worse, but she didn't speak a word.

"Do you know how fucking much you hurt me with this shit? Tsk.... I might be a criminal, a monster, a murderer or whatever word you use on me... you choose, but you were the one awakening all those feelings I have for you, all the love. A feeling I despised since I turned to what I am today. Do you know how many times I risked myself for you? My heart, (y/n). I fucking gave my heart to you and you threw it away just like that."