-TWENTY-

We have been planning Christmas and Maria's birthday this whole month and I won't tolerate something or someone ruining it

My siblings and I have been talking more and it's like things never got screwed up before. Thanks to Kara, nothing is weird between us anymore.

The Johnsons show up to my house without the parents, but they're here for me this time. We scheduled a day when we all weren't busy and got together. I've been dreading it since the day I agreed.

"Hi" I greet them awkwardly.

A moment passes with weird stares passed between us then Kara breaks the tension. "Yeah, no" She pushes me aside and walks right into my house. "I'm sorry for the way I treated you that day, I should've stuck up for you and I didn't. I acted like you weren't even there"

Genuine apologies come from all of them. It took me a little to loosen up but after a while, we were all sitting on the couch catching up and laughing with one another.

Now we're talking about jobs. Aiden says his first, "I'm on the Green Birds basketball team, we just placed first for a tournament a while ago so coach put us on break for the next two weeks"

"I'm an artist" Marcus points to a painting hanging on my wall. "That's my work, I'm very successful"

I snort remembering how much that painting cost me. "I had to pay $20,000 for that, it was worth it though"

He smiles then Athena says she's a neurosurgeon. Marianne goes on to flex about her rich girl lawyer life and Kara says she does interior and exterior design.

Today is Christmas which means in three days, it's Maria's birthday. I hate how close together they are, it makes December more stressful than Christmas already makes it.

The guest list has Lori, Matteo, Seriyah, Marianne, Athena, Nairobi, Aiden, Kara, Dahlia, and Marcus.

After Maria's birthday, Nai is leaving for the week to spend her Holiday break with her husband and daughter. The second she gets back, she has to get back into the routine of filming all day and squeezing time in for her family so we'll rarely see her. Dahlia is running away with her secret wife and daughter for a week as well so we won't have her company either.

It'll be a chill week with only my close family members.

I thought

Turns out my whole family has a life. I'll start from oldest to youngest to Lori. Marcus, Athena, Marianne, and Aiden were invited on a family trip that same week. Kara and Lori were invited too but Kara wants to spend the Holidays with her husband and guess when she's leaving? That same week. Lori betrayed me and she's going skiing that same week with Matteo and Maria.

I'll be alone with my gorgeous Sy and we'll be... I don't know. I've never actually been alone with Seri for a week I just realized... I kind of want to do normal human things. She's given everything on a gold plate but I want to take her out and show her how normal people live.