-TWENTY-SEVEN-

It's been two days since the club incident

When Ava drugged us, she left Matteo there and took me back to the room we first met in five years ago. It brought back deja vu. This time I won the fight- only because mom found me. I was tied to the bed so I really couldn't do anything. She did leave a cut that'll definitely scar but I already have a lot of those so it makes no difference. This one is definitely the biggest though.

Mom managed to kidnap her and nobody has been to the basement to check on her. I plan on going later today.

Then, if things couldn't get any worse. A break-in was reported from Matteo's house.

Alana and Lori to be exact.

They were in funky outfits- Matteo explained. He found them trying to get into his secret door but they didn't study the mission long enough, they're so bad at sneaking around it hurts. Carlo and Al said those were the suspicious people that were cleaning the room they were in.

Now Matteo's going to switch the locks and the codes but the soonest the people can come is in a week.

Gianna walks into my office after one knock. "Hey, boss!"

"Gianna." I nod.

"When are you going to check in on psycho downstairs? We've been starving her but we also don't want her too weak, we ran some tests and have her DNA for whenever we might need it and now she's down there being left alone but knowing her, she'll find a way to escape soon enough."

"I was planning on going today." I stand. "Let's go now."

We walk downstairs and through various halls in silence. Matteo meets us at the door and I look at Gianna with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, I called him too." She rolls her eyes.

Matteo isn't in the best mood with me because I won't let him tell Lori. Vince telling Iris? I can handle. Matteo telling Lori? A big no. Alana and Lori are so close to the point where they'd choose each other over anyone else- excluding Seriyah and Maria- and so if Matteo spilled the secrets, Alana will find out in seconds- as I repeatedly tell him.

His counter is always: "Why can't Alana know?"

I ignore that question every time because he wouldn't understand my answer. It's not the right time. Alana will find out eventually but that won't be now, I'm not sure I even want to tell her. This was supposed to be a one-night stand where she gets pregnant and Seriyah is born and starts to train but for some reason, Matteo took the opportunity to get with her cousin, and now we have all these problems.

Life would be easier if he chose Mariah.

We head downstairs after I use my handprint to open the door. Only the De Santis' have it because it's blood detected. This means, Matteo, Vince, Carlo, and Alessandro can't get in unless a member of my family is joining them. There's a second handprint that only works for Gianna and Emiliano because it's also blood detected. I made one for the commanders and one for my family.