-TWENTY-FOUR-

Lor got back yesterday

Lor got back yesterday. She's been gone a whole ass week and I didn't think I'd miss her so much but I realize I honestly can't live without the girl.

The second they got back, they went to sleep. All three Johnson Marino's went to bed without saying a word to Sy and me, not even a hello.

I was offended. Though, now that I think about it, they did deserve at least three hours. And I know Lori and Matteo weren't... doing other things because I walked by their door and could hear Matteo's loud ass snore.

Now we're all eating breakfast.

Lori is unusually quiet, it makes me think something might've happened. Matteo volunteered to take the girls to school today so I'll have the whole day to grill her. He also said he wanted to have a girls' day with just them three so they'll probably be back in time for dinner.

Maria and Seriyah catch up and giggle, Seriyah describes what we've been doing this past week and Maria talks about her adventures at the slopes. Apparently, there was a really cute guy, she went back to that part a lot.

She's going to be just like her mom.

I would say what's going on on this side— on the adults' side of the table— but that's the thing, nothing is going on. I desperately try to make conversation but Lori is so zoned out that I'm left talking to Matteo.

And everyone knows Matteo and I don't have the best relationship.

It is so... awkward.

"So... did you guys see anything funny?"

"Uhm... ah... well, the instructor... never mind, can't tell you that."

Lori furrows her eyebrows.

Usually, Lori would go into the juicy details and talk about every single thing that happened if you simply asked: "How was your trip?"

Matteo would only reply with: "Good."

This has never been a problem before, but before Lori would talk. Matteo is just an awkward guy to talk to. The only people I've seen him have conversations with were— oh... shit, maybe it's me.

Maybe he just doesn't like me. Because the only people I've seen him have conversations with were his friends: Vince, Carlo, Alessandro, and Angie. His relatives: Maria, Seriyah, Lori, and Dario. And his friends' relatives: Every single person related in some way to Angie.

But somehow I'm still not being talked to like these people are.

I should work on my relationship with Matteo, this isn't healthy if something is going on between us. Maybe I pissed him off and he hasn't let go of it.

The conversation flows terribly for Matteo and me and eventually, I give up. He clearly has no motivation in talking to me so I'll leave him alone.

We reach the end of breakfast and the girls leave with Matty. Lori is still at the dining table staring at the fake pot of mixed flowers.