-TWENTY-SIX-

"She just disappeared, though," Vince says

The guys and I are still discussing how Ava just disappeared that day when we put a tracker on her. It's either she found it on her or she has a device that shuts down all electronics in her house. We have that at the high-rankers house.

"Guys, I'm stressing."

Matteo barges into my office thirty minutes late for our daily meeting with Carlo, Vince, and Alessandro.

"Why?" Carlo asks.

"I've been in the kitchen thinking of the best way to tell you this while snacking on lays original chips and I finally decided on being blunt so-"

"My gosh, just say it." I urge, my patience running thin.

"I was getting to that-" I glare. "Okay, we don't need Mad Angelo today. I think Lori's onto me."

"It only took her five years." Vince smiles. "Your wife isn't an idiot. She was going to figure it out at some point."

"Why don't we just simply tell her?" Alessandro suggests. "Iris, Viola, Kara, and everyone else already know."

"Because Lori would tell Alana, Kara can keep a secret. And I didn't actually say they could do that." I answer. "We've gone through this a thousand times and I'm not in the mood."

"But-" Matteo tries but I remember something.

"- Have you guys met the climber? He was just a plain soldier but I decided to make him a high ranker a little over a week ago."

"No." They all respond. Except for Matteo because he's my underboss, he knows everyone I do and every decision I make.

"Let me call him, I think you guys will like him." Then I tilt my head to the side in consideration, "you know what, I'll call Valentino too."

After two phone calls, Valentino and the new guy are coming to my house.

Alright, what do we have to talk about? Oh, right. "Matteo, what will you do about it?"

"I don't know, that's why I came to you." He raises a brow.

"I mean you are the boss." Vince shrugs.

Carlo and Al give me awaiting looks as V places his feet on my desk. I staple his foot to get him to move them and he gasps. "I'm telling on you!"

Seconds later he's dialing Iris' number and I roll my eyes. I'm friends with a bunch of wimps.

"What." Iris' annoyed voice drawls through the phone.