-THIRTY-FOUR-

"You know what I think? It's all bullshit

"You know what I think? It's all bullshit." Carlo shrugs.

We stare at him in disbelief. We're all in the family room relaxing at Carlo's house. For someone with a personality so colorful, his house is super plain. Vince has more color than him. He said his wife hates it but she has to deal with it because it's the only thing he asks for. A dry house. Nai did add plants, though.

"What makes you think that?" Vince asks.

"Let's start with the facts." He sits up straighter. "Ava met you at a club in January nineteen years ago. She knew who you were beforehand. She then went on to stalk you and everyone associated with you because of something Ciro and Farida did. She won't tell us what happened. Ciro and Farida won't tell us what happened. She has one friend we know of named Luca. And she wants you dead."

"Okay, we know that." I furrow my brows.

"Well what we don't know is why, and you haven't been doing enough pushing." He says. "This could've all just been a test to see how fast you'd solve the problem... and I think you're failing because it's been quite some time."

I glare at him and shake my head. Matteo gives him a look before saying, "I always knew you were stupid but this is crazy."

"Shut up, it's a possibility."

Alessandro mumbles. "I mean he has a point."

Vince sighs. "You guys are so confusing. Angelo, just make your Pa tell you, you're wasting time when your father has all the answers. Carlo, no more suggestions from you, they're all stupid. Matteo, take a break again, I'm the better underboss. And Alessandro-"

"Shit!" Alessandro shouts.

"No, don't take a shit-"

"No!" He interrupts. "Ava just sent a threat, Valentino informed us but we were too busy listening to Carlo."

"Well, what is it?" I urge. "It could be serious."

"When is it not?" Vince rolls his eyes.

"She called Valentino to tell you that she's about to set fire to Lori's house." Alessandro panics. "I mean, if she does that... your heir would die and then she'd come for you and kill you and then the mafia will move on Matteo but Matteo will be too heartbroken about Lori and Maria passing so he'd kill himself and then the mafia would go to Ciro and Farida but since Ava already hates them, she'll kill every De Santis and the mafia will fall into the wrong hands and then we'll become like the Americans- you know what, where are they by the way? They've been quiet for over two or three decades-"