-TWENTY-FIVE-

It's the next day

It's the next day.

Sleep was quite rough to find. I'd been tossing and turning all night, the second my eyes finally shut for good, Sy came running into my room screaming about a nightmare. If it were any other person, I would've been pissed. But for Seri and Ria? I'll always be there.

Seri's dream was also in a way, my fault.

She said she and Ria were back on the car ride on their way to school and guns were aimed at us. In the real events, the glass broke through Ria's window. But when the glass broke through the window in her nightmare, it was actually mine. And I died. She was so frightened she couldn't let go of me.

I've never seen mi Hija look so scared. I just wanted to comfort her.

She soon fell asleep attached to my waist but I couldn't even close my eyes after that. It made me realize those same people who were shooting at us could simply come here and kill us when we're least expecting it.

Now Lori has left for the company, she dropped off the girls at school on the way there. Matteo said he's coming later which gives me the whole day to think through how we should approach our current situation with him.

I think I'll invite Marianne because she's a lawyer and lawyers are pretty good at catching people in lies or just hearing things Lori and I wouldn't in his responses. In short, she's just really useful to have here today.

I don't know what's up with me but I've been in a pretty dry mood. Things just always go bad in this family. Alana's pregnant! Alana got kicked out. Alana meets amazing people! Amazing people happened to be liars.

Then it got really good for a while. Seriyah is born and Lori's pregnant! Maria is born! School is doing great! Lori's engaged! Alana's in a great place mentally! Dhal gets married! (Even though we weren't even there).

She was finding out about Nai and her abusive douchey father. Yeah, that one really sucked. But we helped her out and now she's striving, married, and has a daughter.

Okay, what else happened? Oh right! Things are quiet for a few years, Matteo has always been suspicious so I just got over it. The family is reunited! Matteo.

That's all I can really say.

Matteo. Matteo, Matteo, Matteo. The annoying dude who keeps fucking up this family with the past. He's a liar and he manipulates Lori to believe something that has never been true. I chose to tolerate him and I even started thinking about starting a friendship with him but you know what? That... will never happen.

There are so many words I could use to describe this asshole but I won't use them in front of the kids. I want them to have a good image of their dad/uncle.

It seems the only emotions I have these past two days have been anger or just... I don't even know how to describe it. I think I'm just tired. Yeah, I'm exhausted. I just want to be done with... Vince, Angelo, and that whole fucking family.