-TWENTY-TWO-

Maria's birthday is today

We've been preparing for this since the start of December.

There's a long list of activities we have put together. The guest list includes Lori, Matteo, Victoria, Carina, Alessia, Seriyah, the Johnson's (excluding parents except for zio Carter), Dahlia, Nai, Dario, and me. It's funny how two Johnson's are already gone and married. Kara Rita Zara Rossi and Lori Mari Johnson Marino.

Lori, Matteo, and I were up all night putting up balloons and making the house look all fun and colorful. Now it's 10:00 in the morning, the party starts at 12:00, it takes an hour and thirty minutes to get my shit together, look professional, make my girls look right, and make everyone breakfast. I should've woken up at 9:00 because it'll take around thirty minutes for everyone to eat and that's when guests start coming.

I'll make it work.

The first think I do is wake up Matt and Lor. He slept over so he can make breakfast while Lori and I get dressed. Then we'll get our kids dressed and come eat breakfast which should be done by then.

But things are never that simple.

I walked in on Lori and Matteo having sex.

Then I left the room faster than my dad can throw me out.

Lori was laughing about it and Matteo's been really awkward since.

Next I went with Lor to the girls room to get them started. Per usual, Ria kept asking about Mc. D's. Now it was 11:00. We descended the stairs and went to the kitchen only to see Matteo burnt breakfast.

"Now can we get Mc. D's?" Maria asks while grinning at her idiot father. Lori and I sigh at the same time. "Yeah."

Seriyah makes a disgusted face, as she's about to say something I do. "No. Sy I know you hate Mc. Donald's but it's Maria's birthday. You either eat the burnt food or stay with Matteo and he'll find something he didn't burn to give you."

"But-" Matteo's about to whine but we glare at him. "Okay fine. Crazy wom- Seri where are you going?! The oven is hot- don't!"

I snicker at my daughter and leave the house with Ria and LJ. We get in the car and I wait in the front seat as Lori buckles up Maria. "What does Matteo like? Maybe I can just get Sy some ice-cream."

Lori glances up then back at Ria's car seat. "I think he likes whoppers, we can get him three because he's big."

"I'm surprised he doesn't have a dad bod." I snort. "How the hell is that guy so big?"

"The gym." She states. "I know his daily routine— give me a second." She finishes with Maria then hops in the drivers seat. Once we're on the road, she begins. "Okay, so he wakes up at 6:00 in the morning—"

"Really?" I interrupt.

She looks at me then back at the road. "Yes— don't interrupt." She rolls her eyes then continues. "Then he makes breakfast— daddy knows how to cook, right Ria?" Maria nods and she grins.