Chapter 12

Sahana goes out as she had heard her name being called, once she steps outside her little happy world collapses seeing the person at the gate who Ganesh and Aadhira were preventing from entering. She moves towards the gate and stands in front of the person. Abhi too goes out behind Sahana, he sees a man who was tall, had a wheatish skintone, short trimmed hair and clean shaved face. He was trying to enter inside but Aadhira and Ganesh had stopped him.

He goes towards the gate as Sahana goes and stands in front of the man. She looks at him "What do you want", he looks at her "It's my son's birthday.. I came to meet him". Abhi understood that it's Dev's dad, Sahana fumes looking at him but she controls herself "Please leave Vishwesh.. I don't want to create any scene here on his birthday.. My son is happy now.. don't spoil it".

Vishwesh looks at her huffing "He is my son too you know.. if you forgot.. because of me only you have a son.. I don't think I need to explain how he happened.. so if you move I'll go meet my son". Sahana's eyes blaze looking at him while Abhi's fists clench hearing him. Sahana looks at Vishwesh "Unfortunately I remember.. even if I don't want to I remember my mistakes.. but then remembering mistakes is only to not make them again..

Moreover the court has not even given you the permission to meet him.. so stay away from my baby.. he is mine.. only mine.. not yours at all!! You lost all your rights the day you decided to get rid of my baby just because someone told you that my baby might be a 'She' and might have some disability or disorder.. I think you remember that.. and yet you are here shamelessly claiming my baby.. why!!.. just because the baby is a 'He' and he wasn't born with any disability or disorder..

What if my baby was a 'She' or had any disability.. you wouldn't have even glanced at him right.. just because my Devansh is a boy you want to claim your rights.. How cheap is that.. how many times do you want to get humiliated in the court.. leave Vishwesh.. this is last time I'm talking to you patiently.. next time I'll call the police.. leave right now". Vishwesh tries to touch her and hold her, Abhi rushes near them pulls Sahana towards him.

Sahana looks at him surprised, Abhi glares at the man in front of him holding her hand "She asked you to leave if you heard right". Aadhira and Ganesh smile looking at Abhi, Vishwesh looks at Abhi "Who are you.. I'm talking to my wife about my son". Sahana fumes as she hears him call her wife "I'm not your wife Vishwesh.. though you are Dev's biological father.. he isn't your anything.. and I have papers to prove them.. so please leave.. else I will not restrain from calling the police".

Vishwesh looks towards her and Abhi who was holding her hand firmly, he looks back at her smirking "Ohh now I understand.. you got someone.. so you don't need me to be his father now.. I will not let you or this man get him.. I'll fight for my son.. Devansh Vishwesh Kumar.. he is mine.. remember that Sahana Vishwesh Kumar.. I will see you in the court next week.. this time it's going to be a tougher fight for you.. I promise to take Devansh away from you".

Sahana looks at him shocked "I didn't need you to take care of me or my son when I was pregnant.. why would I need you now.. I don't need you.. doesn't matter if I find someone or not.. that's none of your business.. and I'm not Sahana Vishwesh Kumar.. I'm Sahana Krishnakumar if you forgot.. and my son is Devansh Sahana Krishnakumar.. I would not want mine or my son's name associated with you.. no matter how tough you make it I will fight.. I'm not the one who used to succumb to you and would beg you to love..

No!! that girl who yearned for your love and wanted to be with you died long ago.. if you make it 10 times tough.. I would make it 100 times tougher for you.. and what makes you think I will let you take my Devansh away from me.. it will never happen". Abhi looks at Vishwesh "Heard her.. now leave before I call the police or before I start thrashing you for the way you spoke to my friend".

He gives one last look to Sahana and Abhi and leaves from there. Aadhira hugs Sahana "You were awesome girl.. God!! That was so much fire.. he deserves that.. we all will always be there to support you Sahana". Abhi keeps looking at Sahana as she keeps looking everywhere but at him while hugging Aadhira. Aadhira backs off from the hug, Ganesh looks at her smiling "Next time he comes here we will break his leg Akka.. you don't worry..", she smiles a little and nods.

She walks back inside without meeting Abhi's gaze with Ganesh following behind her. Aadhira looks at Abhi and pats his back "Abhi there is a lot you need to know about her..", he nods "I understood that Aadhira.. and I want to know but will she be ready to share it with me.. does she trust me enough to share it with me is the question.. although I want to know badly what all that man did.. I won't question her.. when she is ready she will tell me". They both too go inside.

Sahana's smile which was glowing on her face had disappeared, their friends had left post dinner while all the others went into their rooms. Abhi was with Devansh while Ganesh was force feeding Sahana the dinner after she had refused to have dinner. Abhi's mom had wished Dev on video call earlier as she was at a relative's home for a wedding, and now Abhi was smiling and showing him the brightly twinkling stars "See Dev my dadda is also wishing you baby.. see he is shining so bright to wish you happy birthday".

Dev smiles looking at the stars, Abhi was happy seeing the smile on Devansh's face, atleast he is happy.. I won't let anything or anyone affect you or your Mumma.. I need to bring back the smile on your Mumma's face.. what should I do. He was thinking when Dev climbs and stands on his lap pulling his shirt, he hugs Abhi with his little arms "Avi". Abhi smiles and hugs him "Aww my little man.. I love you.. happy birthday my little man.. doesn't matter if I get married or not.. and have kids in future or not.. you will alway be my first child".

Sahana was standing behind the tree under which they both were sitting, Abhi was still unaware of her presence behind him, he looks at the stars while Sahana was looking at him as her heart was filled with warmth at his words. He keeps patting Dev who drifts into sleep in his arms, he smiles looking at Dev "He slept.. my cutie pie". Sahana steps in front of him, she had heard him, he stands up seeing Sahana "Hey.. he slept off..".

Sahana takes Dev into her arms, Abhi looks at her "I'll leave Sahana". Sahana looks at him "Can you stay if you don't have any urgent or important work". He nods looking at her "I'll just inform Mumma that I'll be late", she nods and takes Dev to Bhavani's room. Bhavani smiles looking at her "What happened Akka", Sahana gives her a small smile "Bhava Dev is asleep.. can you take care of him for sometime..", Bhavani nods "Ofcourse".

Sahana had already changed him into his comfy clothes before letting him have his dinner. Sahana moves out of the room leaving Dev with Bhavani, she goes to the garden where Abhi was waiting for her. She smiles a little looking at him "Let's go to the terrace", he nods and she takes him to the terrace.

Cold night breeze keeps blowing making the trees around sway, the cresent moon keeps shining in the sky and the uncountable stars keep twinkling. There was complete silence around them except the rattling of the trees, it had been 15 minutes since they were in the terrace yet Sahana hadn't spoke a word. They both were standing near the balcony just looking at the sky, the cold breeze makes her shiver due to her sleeveless blouse, she covers herself with the pallu of her saree.

Abhi turns towards her "Sahana if you are not comfortable.. it's okay.. you don't have to share anything.. I don't want to know", She smiles a little looking at him "Sometimes you become so emotional that no words come out of your mouth.. some memories are such which take away your breath and leave you tongue tied.. such is this one too.. I want to share it with you.. it's just those memories make me go silent.. fill me up with anger.. and make me pity myself over my foolishness.. but you were right I should share it with someone I trust so that I can reduce the feeling of restlessness and frustration within myself.. and I trust you Abhi.."