Chapter 58

Abhi's POV

I slept off in Mumma's lap after everyone left..

She kept caressing my hair while I had drifted off into sleep..

When I woke up I saw that it was midnight and she was still sitting on the bed leaning against the headboard and sleeping..

I sat up and woke her up "Mumma.."

She was looking at me "What happened Abhi.. you need anything baby.."

I smiled and shook my head "No.. you lay down and sleep.. else you will get back pain later.."

She smiled and caressed my cheek "Are you sure you are fine baby"

I smiled a little holding her hand which was on my cheek "Mumma.. it's not like I did not expect this at all.. I was half expecting this to happen.. she needs to learn to love herself first.. then only she can think of loving me.. I will wait for that.. I just hope she doesn't stop me from meeting Dev.. that is all I want at the moment.."

She looked at me "My baby.. does it not hurt you"

I looked elsewhere..

"Its the heart Mumma.. it definitely does hurt.. it broke my heart to pieces when she rejected me.. I felt like she stabbed me right through my heart.. it definitely was not easy hearing that from her.. and it definitely is not going to be easy to face her.. but I know I will figure it out Mumma.."

She smiled "I thought you were really a baby still with the way you behave.. I'm proud of you.. no matter what.."

I smiled and she kissed my forehead and went to her room

I tried to sleep but it just didn't seem to reach my eyes..

I walked out of the room to the balcony to look at the stars..

The stars were shining bright once again..

"Dadda are you awake.. I can see you are shining bright in the sky.. your son also wishes to shine like this.. but I don't feel so energetic right now to shine like you.. Maybe because my heart is hurt.. you know dadda I come and tell you everytime I get rejected.. so this time also I want to share my rejection with you..

My Saha.. I mean Sahana rejected me saying she doesn't feel anything for me.. she doesn't want to even see me probably.. you know dadda I expected her to show atleast some expression but she didn't even let me know what she felt.. what do you think dadda does she not feel anything for me..

Why can't I accept that.. there is a feeling that she is hiding her true emotions from me.. but still she rejected me na dadda.. I should stay away from her na.. I'm trying to convince myself to do that.. I told everyone that I will stay away from her and be with my little man.. but I don't know dadda if I will ever be able to stay away from her..

Even if I'm able to see her from afar while I spend time with our little one that is enough for me dadda.. I know it will hurt when I see her in front of me yet not be able to talk to her or hold her but it's okay dadda.. I will manage..

I will manage na dadda.. you tell me dadda.. I will not do anything stupid or hurt anyone na dadda.. most importantly I won't hurt her na dadda.. I didn't do anything wrong na dadda confessing in the court..

Yes you are shining bright I understood you want to say I'm not wrong.. Okay now you go to sleep.. Mumma has already slept.. I won't talk and disturb you anymore.."

I went back inside the room..

I just laid down on the bed looking at the ceiling.. My thoughts kept going back to Sahana..