Chapter 49

Abhi's POV

I wanted to know if anything else had happened but I was scared to ask her more..

What if it again triggers her panic attack..

What if it again reminds her of the trauma..

What if it brings back those ugly memories to her..

These questions stopped me from asking her anything further..

I just made her lie down "Sahana you sleep for sometime.. you need rest.. I will be right here"

She nodded.. I kept caressing her forehead as she drifted into sleep..

I kept wondering why she was wearing full hand salwar in this scorching heat now I understood why..

She had scratch marks on both her arms.. she was trying to hide them..

I feel terrible that she had to go through this.. I feel all the more miserable because I couldn't be there with her to console her.. to love her.. to protect her..

I can only imagine how she consoled herself..

How she would have managed herself when her panic attack would have been triggered before..

Doesn't anyone know about her panic attacks or treatment.. why didn't anyone tell me anything?

I wanted to ask Bhavani, Aradhana aunty and Ganesh if they knew anything about this..

I was about to move away from the bed but her hold on my hand stopped me..

She had gripped my hand tightly as if the minute she let's go I'll disappear..

I lifted the sleeve of her salwar slightly to see how much scratch marks she had..

Just above her wrist there was an imprint of a hand which had turned almost purple.. it was fading but still the mark was there..

He gripped her so tightly that her hand still has those impression..

There was so many scratch marks on her arms..

My eyes welled up seeing them.. I can't even imagine what she would have gone through..

There was an ointment in her drawer.. I applied it on her arm.. it would make the imprint fade away slowly..

I kept caressing her hair with my fracture band clad arm..

How do I bring you out of this trauma Sahana.. I wish I had met you earlier.. I wish I could have stopped you from going through this..

I bent down towards her and kissed her forehead..

"I love you Sahana.. I was so happy.. I wanted to confess this to you once that case of Dev's custody was over and you win it.. but I didn't expect to see you like this..

I wish I was there with you that night.. You were brave to push him away after everything Sahana.. you know sweetheart you are very strong even you don't know it.. but enough of you being strong and fighting everything and everyone alone.. from now on I will be with you in everything.. It's a promise to you.. no matter what.. no matter where.. no matter when.. I will always be there with you..

As for my love.. it can wait.. I have waited so many years for you to come into my life.. I can wait a little more to confess it to you.."

I was just about to call Bhavani when Sahana's phone rang..

It was Sherlyn..

I picked up the call.. she didn't even let me speak she started speaking on her own..