Chapter 22

Sahana's POV

I was shocked with Appa's announcement..

I was happy he agreed but..

Next month.. marriage.. this is huge.. so soon..

How.. What..

"Hriday ask him to come meet us with his parents.. today.. and you.."

He turned towards me "Don't go anywhere.. stay in the house.. do whatever you want after your marriage"

I looked at him confused "Why Paa.. why shouldn't I go to work.. I go there daily right"

He looked towards me with a stern expression "Now we are doing what you want so be quiet and accept it.. if your future in-laws let you work you can do it after getting married.. till then be at home.. I can't have you creating any more mess"

What mess will me going to work create.. why are they doing this.. and why do my in-laws need to allow me to work.. I'm not leaving it for anyone..

"Paa if you are not able to drop me it's fine.. I'm going to work.. my work is important for me"

I washed my plate and went to pick up my bag.. and walked towards the door when dad stopped me

"You are not going anywhere Sahana.. today they will come for bride glance.. though it is of no use.. it's not like he has not seen you.. but still everything should look like it has been arranged else our relatives will start speaking behind our backs.. and I don't want anymore mess.. so go back to your room now"

Today!!

They will come today!!

What.. why!!

"Paa I said I wanted get married to him but not now itself.. it's too early Appa.. I need some time to think about marriage.."

I was about to continue when he stopped me "No Sahana.. you have done enough.. so now you are listening to what I'm saying that's all.. no more arguments.. what I say will be done from now on"

Why are they doing this..

I didn't do anything wrong.. why are they making me feel as if I have done a big mistake.. I have not!!

"Paa I didn't do anything.. you are making it a big deal.. I accept that Vishwesh coming here and saying those things in front of everyone was wrong but I didn't do anything for that why are you doing this to me!!"

Mumma had stood up just then and stood in front of me "Just to listen to your dad Sahana.. stop troubling us.. we have had enough of your drama.. do the rest in your in-laws house.. we will be happy if you leave from here as soon as possible.. we don't want to bear your responsibility anymore"

I was shocked..

They will be happy once I leave..

Am I not a part of their happiness..

Am I just a responsibility to them..

Am I not their daughter.. don't they love me..

I was thinking all this when Hriday came back after talking to Vishwesh..

"They will come today.. but why did you ask them to come today itself dad.. she doesn't want to get married so soon"

He didn't hear anything they said.. he left as soon as dad asked him to call Vishwesh

Let it be.. he should atleast be happy..

My parents don't need me.. I'm just a responsibility to them..