Chapter 17

Sahana's POV

It has been two and half years..

I completed my engineering.. I did get job offers related to my degree but I was more interested in pursuing my passion..

So I took up a one year course in photography and completed it..

I knew it wouldn't be easy to set up a career as photographer but I really wanted to..

Vishwesh at times used to fight with me for letting go of the job offers I had got.. but I made him understand how much I wanted this and he would let go of it..

It wasn't an easy decision for me too.. to let go of the job that I had.. but then I loved photography more than anything.. and if I had to juggle both I was not sure if I would be able to do complete justice..

Maa and Appa were also not much happy with my decision but still they didn't say anything..

After my cousin's baby shower her friends and my other cousins wanted me to be the photographer for all the small functions happening..

I was overwhelmed.. how could I deny when they approached me themselves.. I was more than happy..

Then with their permission I started posting the pictures on my profile and I started getting more calls for work..

I started doing budget friendly portfolios for budding models..

Then seeing my work AK Fashion house gave me an opportunity to click the pictures of their models..

AK Fashion House is huge.. they are one of the leading fashion designers in the south.. I was shocked when I got an offer from them..

But they were humble people.. I'm happy working with them..

Now here I am.. a fashion photographer..

I knew not everyone in my family were happy with my decision but I was happy..

Today Vishwesh had called me to meet him.. he said it's special but he was not ready to say anything about it..

So I was waiting for him in the park where we usually meet..

He soon came.. he had a bright smile on his face..

I smiled looking at his bright smile.. as soon as he came near me held my hands and squeezed them tight..

I was wondering what got him so happy.. not that I am complaining.. I loved seeing him happy and smiling..

He looked at me and held my cheeks "Baby what do you think about us getting married in the next few months.. I already spoke to my parents and they have agreed"

I was shocked.. Marriage.. that's too soon for me.. I mean I'm just 23.. Mumma and Appa also want to get me married but I have successfully avoided the topic for quite sometime now.. I didn't think Vishwesh would bring it up this soon..

He kept looking at me for an answer but I didn't have one "Vishwesh.. I.. I cannot.."

He turned pale "Why Sahana.. why can you not want to marry me.. we both love eachother.. I'm in a perfectly well off job.. I'll be able to take care of us both and our family.. then what's wrong baby"

I look at him "It's not that baby.. It's just I want to settle down in my job.. I just started working for AK Fashion house.. it's just been 3 months.. I want to stabilise there.. and I'm just 23 baby.. don't you think it's too soon for me.."

He held my hand in his "Baby all this you can do even after we get married.. even if not.. I'm there right.. I'll do everything.. you even don't have to worry.. and you are 23 baby.. didn't you say your mom and dad already were asking you to get married.. come on baby it will be perfect.. we will be together forever.. isn't that what you always wanted"