Agitation

Celia's P.O.V:

As we entered the common room, we naturally split into different directions, each of us heading towards our respective mentors. The common room was thoughtfully divided into three chambers – Male, Female, and other employees. I approached the door and knocked, hearing Miss Hicks inviting me in with her warm voice. Taking a seat, I tried to relax as she initiated the conversation.

"So, Miss Scamander, have you decided on your career path after graduation?" Miss Hicks asked, her voice genuinely curious.

"Yes, Miss Hicks," I replied with certainty.

She nodded approvingly. "Let me guess – you're applying for Associate Auror in MACUSA, right? In that case, you should focus on charms and defensive dark arts," she suggested with a smile.

I shook my head and responded, "No, Miss Hicks. I don't want to be an Auror."

Her expression changed to a mix of surprise and skepticism. "Why, Celia? You are an incredibly gifted dueler. Your marks in Defensive Dark Arts are exceptional. Any wizarding committee would be thrilled to hire you. Being an Auror has its perks. So, why not?" she inquired, genuinely interested in my reasoning.

I took a moment to collect my thoughts before answering, "Yes, I know, Miss Hicks. But I want to be a witch who is braver and more talented than any Auror. I want to be like you, Professor Calderon, and even Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall. I want to be a professor, Miss Hicks. I want to teach young witches and wizards how to win their battles, understand themselves better, and grow stronger to face any challenges."

A hint of emotion touched her voice as she responded, "Oh, Celia! We are so fortunate to have a student like you. You know, students like you motivate us teachers to keep pursuing our paths. All the best in your life, dear."

"Thank you, Miss Hicks," I replied, feeling grateful for her support.

"So, which subject do you want to teach? Have you decided?" she inquired further.

"Yes, ma'am. I want to be a Potion teacher," I replied confidently.

"Potion? Why, dear? You're also highly skilled in defense," she pointed out.

I smirked and explained, "Potion is the heart of dueling, ma'am. Without potions, dueling becomes futile because without medicine, we can't heal and treat our wounds. If we can't heal, we can't duel properly and might lose battles."

Miss Hicks smiled, impressed with my response. "Stunning, Celia! I'm impressed with your answers. Shall we call it a day?" she suggested.

"Yes, ma'am. Good night," I said, standing up to leave. However, before I could make my way out, she called me back.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Celia, do you know anything?" Her face turned serious, and I sensed an air of concern.

"What, Professor?" I asked, confused about what she was referring to.

"Hasn't Rolf told you anything?" she asked gently.

"No. He asked me to wait in my dorm before dinner. Maybe he'll tell me then?" I replied, uncertain about the reason for the meeting.

Miss Hicks took a deep breath and said calmly, "Listen, dear. Whatever Rolf is going to tell you, just listen to him. Don't overthink. You know we are always with you."

Though I couldn't grasp the full meaning of her words, I nodded and replied, "Okay, I'll do that. Thanks."

After leaving the common room, I spotted Maeve standing beside the spiral staircase. As soon as she noticed me, she turned and smiled warmly.

"Hey, are you waiting for me?" I asked, returning her smile.

"Of course, stupid! What would I do standing here alone?" she teased playfully.

"Oh, right," I mumbled, feeling a bit lost.

"So, have you told her about your plans? I can't wait for graduation," Maeve exclaimed with excitement.

"Hmm..."

"I want to be a journalist, you know. I love their job. Just imagine – you'll be fighting trolls, and I'll be documenting the event! The renowned MACUSA auror, Celia Scamander, jinxing a smelly troll. A perfect combo, isn't it?" she gushed.

"Hmm..." I murmured, still preoccupied with my thoughts.

"What's with the 'hmm,' Elly? What's bothering you?" Maeve inquired, sensing my unease.

"Nothing, Maeve. No one is bothering me, I promise," I assured her.

"Then what's making you so lost?"

"I mean, Rolf asked me to wait in my room. He said he wanted to discuss something. It feels intense, you know," I admitted, feeling a teardrop escape my eye.

Maeve scanned my face and wiped away the tear, embracing me in a tight hug. "Oh, Merlin, Elly! You scared me. Relax, babes. I guess Rolf is graduating this year, so he'll be leaving school soon. And you know how protective he is of you. He probably wants to warn you about bad boys, drinks, and all that stuff," she reassured me.

I smiled faintly, thankful for her comforting words. "Yeah, maybe, Maevy," I replied.

"Alright, let's go. I'll save a seat for you at the dinner table."

"Thanks."

"Shut up! For Godric's sake, I'm your bestie," Maeve retorted playfully.

"Yeah, babes. Bye," I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek before heading towards my dorm.