Escape

It's showering on the edge of the mound outside, this is the chance. If she can't get out of here, her life will be over. But little did she know that she was going to fall prey to the wolf to escape from the hands of the hunter.

Leah's  P. O. V:

It's almost 1 a.m., Madam Katie is fast asleep, now I have got the chance. I grab his old school bag and put some essential pieces of stuff and clothes in it. Then open the window I throw the rope made of bedsheets and go down. At that moment I heard something moving in the corridor. My heart began to beat faster. Then I realized that it was pompkin, Madam's cat. Looking around well, I quickly got down and leaped over the wall.

Yippee!!!! Finally, I am free. I can't describe to you how much happy I am.

Oh sorry, guys! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Leah, Leah Daves. I stayed with my maternal aunt, yes your guess is right. Madam Katie is my aunt. Both of my parents died when I was only 4 years. I dunno how but Sister Marie the owner of the orphanage told me that they have died in a car accident; cliché right? From then I stayed in an orphanage, but when I am 7 years then Madam Katie came there and told me that she is my aunt and she want to adopt me and she promised sister that she took care of me like my mother. But this all was part of her acting. She treats me like a maid, tortured me, apart from that Aaron, his son was the devil himself. He has been trying to touch me inappropriately since I was 10 years old, but if I told my aunt about his behavior she punished me and make me starved.

But you know what? I know you think I am crazy but I have some powers. It feels like magic. Whenever I become sad or angry or anxious I can destroy anything without touching it, even one day when Aaron came into my room and tried to abuse me, his pants caught fire. Aunt tells me that I am bad luck. But now I'm free, no torture, no starvation, and no anxiety attacks. But suddenly the thought came to my mind that I have nowhere to go. Because I don't have any friends as they haven't admitted me into school or they don't let me to out. Now it started to rain harder. At that moment I saw a shadow in the nearby bush and paused there for moments.  After realizing that there is no one
I started walking straight down the road.

After walking for several hours, I reached the end of the city. There was an old manor. Everyone avoids this area, Aaron once said that this manor is cursed and abundant. If he would kill me, no one would notice that. But I have nowhere else to go, not even have enough money. So I thought of spending tonight here. Because ghosts are not more terrible than humans.

As I entered the manor, saw another small house in the courtyard and the lights were on. There must be someone here. Thinking this, I knocked on the door 2/3 times. After a while, a very short man came out. His thin, colorless hair was unkempt and there was a
large bald patch on top. He had the shrunken appearance of a
plump man who has lost a lot of weight in a short time. His skin
looked grubby and his eyes were small. Seeing him, it seemed that he was upset because of my arrival and asked me about my sudden appearance rudely.
I begged him to let me stay here tonight, but he refused. Then I made a plan and told him that I was homeless and some thugs chased me. As there is no place to go, I enter this house for shelter. But before my story could finish, it seemed as if someone had spoken in a low unearthly voice and the man was startled. After a moment of silence, he started to take me to Manor.
"Okay, you can stay here tonight. I'm Peter Pettigrew,caretaker of this manor. " said the man.

A/N:
This is the first story I have written. Since English is not my first language, please forgive me for my unintentional mistakes. The protagonist has a mild anxiety disorder.

Except for some few characters and the OC, all the rest is taken from the story of JK Rowling.

Thanks, stay healthy stay safe.:-)