05

PART FIVE !
a reminder of her.

           A FIRE WASHES THROUGH your head and curls into the crooked spaces of your membrane. you told yourself you would have fun for Mars, but even you couldn't pinpoint what truly had happened last night. the only thing you know is that the club's strawberry wine was awfully sweet.

    after waking up with a hangover, the weekend that came after that was oddly mundane and it rode by quickly until the day of the art auction—the event in which Mars had reminded you to attend much to your chagrin.

    you find yourself standing in front of the mirror once again, this time instead of dressing up like a reckless doll going to a party, you find yourself buttoning the last two of your white collar shirt and pushing strands of your bangs neatly behind your ears, pouring the brown coat over your figure, looking like an unblemished person of an 19th century drama.

"Mars!" you call as soon as you opened the door. you find your roommate perched on the couch, humming to herself as she rolls a lollipop between her plump lips.

    when the familiar honeycomb of your voice reaches her ears, she is immediately coaxed out of the television. leaning her head to look at you, cobalt eyes littering a few dainty stars and expectant, waiting for the next words to leave your mouth. "yeah?"

"i'll be leaving." you say, bending your silhouette near the door and securely strapping your sandals in place. the stiletto clicking against the floor when you were finished. "there is still pasta on the refrigerator, you can just heat that up when you go hungry."

"yes ma'am." she responds. "please text me when you are going back home." to this you hum, you circle the silver ring on your finger as your hand touches the door ready to leave.

"oh y/n!" you stop when you hear Mars call for you again.

    "have fun." her statement seemed genuine. you shoot her a strained smile, "see you."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"an art auction house, huh...?" Rindou hums as he slows down the car in front of the building. bonfire salt of the late afternoon forges tantalizing tattoos upon the men's ochre skins, though it also seems like billowing rain clouds will arrive in a few hours.

    all eyes are on the massive auction house of Tokyo where a medium scale crowd had gathered, dripped with high class sophistication and pockets filled with money ready to bid off the presented artworks made by the godly hands of well-known painters and sculptors.

the Bonten executives let their minds wander back to the mission hammered to them by the platinum blond man.

"Takeomi had finally manage to gather database from our reliable information broker. you four," Mikey points his custard-filled taiyaki to his four executives. "seems like we got a lead on Nanami. you're in charge of detaining him and bringing him back so we can have a little talk with him about Quoia's recent drama involving us."

    "and by talk, the boss meant torture?" Mocchi taps his foot against the car's floor and Ran chuckles. The older Haitani along with Kakucho pries the seatbelts from their waist, letting it zip back to the side of their car seats with a clang. today the two males were not wearing their expensive business suites, in fact they were wearing casual attire for such a sophisticated event.

Ran is sporting an umber thin turtleneck sweater layered by a brown trench coat, rings and small embezzles festoon his long fingers, and his neat and styled back mauve-hair were now tousled, messily pouring over his forehead as he slowly gazes out the window.