15

PART FIFTEEN !
wanted girl and gore.

this chapter contains violence.

SANZU SLOWS THE CAR to a stop and shuts the headlights when they reach the roof of a rotting old parking lot near the bay. he stationed Rindou's expensive vehicle where it wouldn't be spotted so easily.

Ran turns to look at you over his shoulder once more, beneath the absent moonlight and burgundy strands.

   "stay here, okay?" he says to you, burning orbs melting over your own. "we'll take revenge for you, sweetheart. so relax that little head of yours and lock the doors."

    you swallowed a nervous bile in your throat, eyes steady on how he handles the gun in his hand with ease, a few resounding clicks of it ricocheting through the car that it made your heart race faster. you would have never imagined a normal somber day to unfold like this in front of your eyes.

    "alright." you replied shortly.

"good girl." Ran smiles at your diligence. "let us handle this issue, we are familiar with them anyways." you murmured out a silent appreciation towards the older Haitani for reassuring you and softening the rigid fright tangled in your veins.

    the other two, however decided to let the charming lady's man do all the comforting as they merely fix up their garments, not a single glance your way when their polished shoes hit the cold cement outside, leaving you with the company of the deafening silence and cold bristles of the car's air conditioning. not before Rindou turns and calls out to you with his lazy voice,

    "don't touch anything in my car." then slams the door shut before you can say anything.

    the salty evening breeze caresses their long hair brushed over their shoulders. in front of them they hear the resounding veers of the three black cars pulling up under the same roof.

tall and enigmatic men leaves the vehicles, even from afar the Bonten executives could familiarize the silhouettes of guns resting in their grasps.

    "move Bonten, we are not here to pick a fight with you."

one of them speaks up from the tension. Ran gives them a wry smile in return, brushing back bangs from his forehead. "you say that but you have your guns still pointed at us, quite the contradicting character you lots are."

    they ignored the sarcastic taunt coming from the older mauve, "where is the girl?" they ask instead, and this made Ran's mocking smile disappear in an instant. He casts a glance at Rindou and Sanzu who stood behind him, waiting patiently as Ran drags his gaze back to the men in front of them. his voice low and dangerous, hurling with a storm that doesn't soften one bit.

     "why would you want to know?"

    the lingering question makes them seethe in irritation. "you Bonten bastards, stop sticking your noses on other people's business and answer the damn question. all we want is the girl, if you give her to us we can end this peacefully, let's not let our two companies clash tonight."

    "and if we decide not to give you the girl?" Rindou jeers aloud.

   his reply made the air thicken once again, a single wave of movement would snap the atmosphere and crackle with mayhem. "then forget about being civil." they yell hastily, "we are gonna kill you and take her by force."

    "let's take them out quick." Ran murmurs to the other two. Sanzu clicks his tongue, hands fiddling the hilt of his blade. "damn flies." he curses. "they wasted my precious night, so they better atleast entertain me to some extent."