27

PART TWENTY-SEVEN !
he hates you i.

  "THE GIRL IS NOW MIKEY'S ASSISTANT." Kakucho is irked. his chest quells, plummets and somersaults but he swallows down the bitterness and hides the look of peeve on his face with a blank expression. he merely gives Kokonoi a grunt in response.

"i know." his mismatched orbs scan his cards, he can feel Koko's serpentine ones shooting him a keen look, fixing to check his cards splayed on the table before leaning back, "quite fond of her these couple of days too."

"i know." Kakucho repeats.

"doesn't bother you?"

he doesn't answer. "fold for me." he sends the white-haired man a look, Kokonoi scorns at him, straightening from his seat.

"how 'bout no? if i lose to you here then it'd be hard for me to scrounge up my remaining reputation."

they played a little bit more, Mocchi stared at the table with a deadpan. "you both are shit at poker."

"atleast i don't look like shit, like that guy over there." Kokonoi waves his amber liquid towards a brooding Ran in the velvet couch, the purple sends Koko a death glare, blowing a vape.

"don't start with me, Koko. i'm not in the mood to entertain your sass."

"it's been awhile since i've seen you so hung up over a girl." Koko comments. "if you are just gonna act like some poor heartbroken bastard just go visit her and apologize, she already said it wasn't your fault right, until you cut her off. besides Sanzu has always been an asshole, so why are you listening to him now?"

"it's not that fucking easy, be in my shoes and make the decision then." Ran erects from the couch, Rindou sighs beside him. the younger Haitani lowers his phone and taps his shoe behind his brother's leg. Ran huffs, slumps back down to draw another smoke.

Kokonoi is unfazed. Mocchi bets, the white-haired curses, tilts his head to down the liquid burning his throat. "no thanks, that girl is a wild card but she looks forgiving enough, i guess."

Kakucho marinates on Koko's words, his eyes never wavering from the table, he taps his fingers. "i thought you didn't trust her?"

"now when did i say that?"

the aegean tosses a bet on the pot and Mocchi reveals the next card—a series of curses and grunts fill the table. "i mean, you aren't also the type to be excessively friendly." Kakucho shrugs.

Koko ponders a moment, before answering his colleague. "she's not a threat, i don't see why she has to be labeled suspicious. i mean, the girl has a target on her head for god sake, and the fact she was almost killed right under our noses." he licks his lips, setting his glass down. "i pity the poor girl for getting caught up in this whole shit show more than i see her as someone who could be a spy."

"Kokonoi stop fucking talking." Ran sends him daggers: annoyed with how Kokonoi had brought up your situation in a half-assed excuse.

"i'm not wrong though." Kokonoi shrugs, the table falters for a long moment. the present executives are pondering his words. Kakucho is staring at Kokonoi, which took notice of the heated looks being sent his way. he clicks his tongue, "brawler, eyes on the game—"