28

PART TWENTY-EIGHT !
he hates you ii.

         YOU THOUGHT OF A THOUSAND PROFANITIES in your head, all of them specifically for a certain pink-haired man and his stupid glares and stupid temper.

but when those pained eyes flash in your view you simmer down. now in the dead of night, under the chilly blanket of coldness you are seated on a stone bench, eyes a steady sheen of blankness.

"life's been real shitty without you."

in front of you is your brother's gravestone, a little unkempt which you frown at that. "sorry for not visiting sooner, i also don't have your favorite flowers today."

after a few seconds of silence, you found the urge to cry, tears swelling beneath your eyelids like a dam threatening to spill from the cracks. you let out a soft groan, rubbing your eyes, "fuck."

"hey." someone interrupts.

you don't respond, feeling a presence nearing you. there's a heavy sigh, then something warm is being draped on your shoulders. you mutter quietly, sniffing and shimmying to the side so Mochizuki can squeeze into the seat, but before he could plop his bulky figure beside you he takes a few steps near Marise's tomb, you watch in silence as he bows a little then clasp his hands in a prayer. your face contorts in a pained way, watching as someone else aside from you pays their respects towards your brother.

guilt tugged at you. they aren't just some heartless criminals.

"the flowers' wilted." the blond comments at the patches of bouquets near the stone.

you whisper, "almost a month since i've visited."

he turns to look down at you. "want me to quickly run and grab some right now? we still have time." he offers, you lift your head, sending him a grateful smile, tugging the coat around you even more, the coldness finally sinking into your exposed body as you shiver.

"nah." you say, a puff of smoke leaving your nostrils. "i can uhm, ask permission to come back and visit again next time. thank you though, Mocchi." he finally settles in the seat beside you after confirming that you had nothing to ask of him with your current state, stretching his arm behind the bench and rubbing your back, somehow it's comforting, your shoulders relaxing despite the prick of coldness.

Mocchi's eyes are soft on you. "you know, Sanzu's a dick but he called us when you sprinted out of the apartments. we don't have to go back immediately if you don't want to, we can stay here until you are ready to go back."

    so he did call someone for you in the end. 

you inhaled slowly, exhaling a shaky breath. you leaned your head against his side, closing your eyes. "okay, thank you." then silence. "and i'm also sorry for running, i sort of picked a fight with him too, so."

"s'alright." he dismisses your apology. "he probably said something offensive to ya."

"damn him. obnoxious, confusing prick." you rub your eyes, trying to make out his actions: when you first met him he was casual, almost flirtatious in the club, the next you met him was when you fainted from a fever, coaxing you with a towel, the next he was mean to you during the car chase, he glared at you, ignored you when you've reached headquarters, spat venom at Ran when you were almost choked then proceeded to do just that when you argued with him, he said he didn't care about what happened to you when you'd leave, but he called Mocchi and the rest.