33

PART THIRTY-THREE !
her true intentions i.

—YEAR, JUNE 2008

            HANMA SHUJI IS A RECKLESS MAN, and yet when he isn't fighting skin and bones out on the grimy alleyways, he takes a portion of his free time frequently visiting his dear friend's grave with a plastic of beer and cigarette packets, ready to spend a solemn moment withering his lungs and a fraction of his mourning away.

today, however, would've been another casual and perfect visit—if it weren't for a random girl appearing from the corner of his view, her clacking of expensive boots a vexing irritation down his ears.

Hanma heaves out a sigh, lowering his burning cigarette stick and closing his eyes, waiting for your footsteps to fade further into the empty graveyard, though, he was caught surprised when he felt your warming presence beside him.

he takes a moment to drink you in, molten marigolds sliding from the tip of your boots to your head, a flash of recognition crosses his eyes when he peers at your familiar dark gaze and the inky butterfly tattoo on your collarbone.

    she looks like a harmless little butterfly. ah, you were Izana's chick from two years ago.

    "who are you?" he plays pretend.

    he watches closely as you glanced at him from the corner of your eyes, shooting him a small smile. "just a person who wanted to visit her brother's grave."

    your answer irks Hanma. he has heard a plentitude of rumors surrounding you, from incoherent conversations between the heavenly kings and Izana himself—so it's no surprise that even Hanma knew rumors about your diseased older brother, Marise l/n.

    he snorts. "older brother i presumed?"

    "no, my younger brother."

    he stops laughing, darts his gold eyes to you.

    he quirks a brow, and it was your turn to snort at his puzzled look. you take a few steps towards the grave in front of him, lowered your head and clasps your hands together in a prayer. after awhile, you spin and take a seat beside him but Hanma makes sure to keep a huge gap between you two: showing his clear suspicions but you seemed unfazed with the burning glares.

    you try to ease his suspicions by saying, "i already visited my older brother awhile ago, in a different graveyard than here."

    for a long moment, Hanma tries to piece together your answers: already visited your older brother awhile ago, in a different graveyard. here for a younger brother—then for a split fracture, Yasuhiro Muto's words play like a rewinding tape in his head,

"she kinda reminds me of you, Kisaki." Mucho finalizes his words, almost shocking the blond in his spot. "placid smiles and playing victim, then turning vile to the bone when she's pushed past her reasonings..."

"so, Kisaki Tetta is your younger brother..?" he makes a wild assumption.

you hum at said wild assumption. hummed.

an unbridled fury coils within the boy's heart. don't fuck with me. "care to explain? don't think you can try to manipulate me. i know who you are, heard a few things about you from those Tenjiku bastards so if you even dare try to make a fool out of—"