29

PART TWENTY-NINE !
an hour earlier.

KAKUCHO LOOKED PISSED the moment you followed behind Mocchi inside Ran's club in a private room far from the public bustling. you can hear the frustrated groans and harsh whispers from a mile away, there wasn't any yelling but the fury in his voice is enough to make you stock-still.

"he's fucking dead to me."

"Kakucho—"

"stop. don't hold me back Rindou, how can you two sit still after he did that to—"

"i know." Ran urges, he stands in front of the scarred man.

"i get where your anger lies but Sanzu still outranks us all, we cannot just up and pick a fight with him, especially not in this delicate time Kaku, we are going to war with Quoia and i prefer to have all executives in one piece. we cannot risk any—"

Kakucho steps out from Rindou's grip. he is pacing around the area, his dress shoes clacking against the all too quiet atmosphere. neither of them had noticed you idling by the threshold yet. seeing how the air continues to hum and ignite. you maneuver around Mocchi, ready to step in but the blond holds a firm hand on your shoulder, shaking his head.

"i should've never." Kakucho swallows, runs a palm down his face. "i shouldn't have brought her here—"

"yeah, well." Ran sighs. "even if you didn't, she would still be Quoia's target. she would've still went to that museum, talked to Nanami, would still be targeted—she would still be involved in this turf war even if we didn't stumble upon her."

silence.

"Kakucho, she's gonna be alright." Rindou is the one speaking this time. "i also thought of the same thing as you, all of us did. but y/n's no longer that little girl that used to follow us around. she's twenty-seven and hell, she is older than you and even after everything she's still here."

"yeah, i was worried too." Rindou starts. "but after talking with her a few days ago i realize that she doesn't need to be taken care of all the time. if someone comes to mess with her she'd surely bite back."

    Kakucho's shoulder seem to relax after Rindou's speech. he lets out a loud exhale, plopping himself on the couch and leaning his head back, rubbing his neck.

    "did i...come off as overbearing to her?"

    "yes." Rindou says.

    "most definitely." Ran agrees.

    the brothers earned themselves a glare from Kakucho. they settled back on the couch. "to be honest." Rindou starts again, the two man sets their gaze on the youngest Haitani brother, as the mullet-haired man counts his words on the tip of his tongue.

"y/n does bite, i remember specifically when i arrived at the scene of when she was attacked, there were glass shards all over the floor, there was also deep cuts on the side of Tanaka Shun's head—" Ran whistles, letting out a small laugh and crossing his arms behind his head.

"remember that time back when we are still young, someone manage to make their way towards Izana while little y/n was sitting and watching in the sidelines. they manage to punch Izana in the face, and well, that poor fellow was reduced into her humanoid piñata." they mused over the memory, your small figure had appeared in the middle of their little brawl, frozen in shock when you had beaten the unnamed gangster with a wooden plank you found laying around somewhere. Mucho had to pull you away from the guy before he can be rushed to the hospital for attempted assault.