43

PART FOURTY THREE !
sinner's ultraviolence i.

HIS RED AND SILVER EYES are solely on you. eyes that beseech for some kind of an answer within the conundrums of your own. the puzzlement that was carefully threaded through his expression.

    "what are you doing here?" he speaks first. his voice like rough gravel amidst the cold air. his stance was stupefied and yet it stayed firm over Hanma's, gun still loaded between his open palm. he was ready to kill and he could easily murder you too, a single movement from his finger could make the bullet explode from his firearm, but you didn't feel any danger. not with him. never with him.

    "Kakucho." you stepped forth, "please, let me explain."

    "explain what?" his eyes narrow. "did those fucking bastards get you?" he assumes with conjectures, dragging his gun away from Hanma to Senju and an injured Ryusei leaning by the door, his nose flaring with rage.

    "whoresons. get your hands off her now—" he goes stiff, confused again when you blocked his barrel from the two.

    "what are you doing?"

    "calm down first, please."

    "calm down?" he stresses out. "why are you asking me to—" then silence. it was silent because Kakucho's head reel, like something had clicked in place. something shifts in his eyes that made you want to look away; the look of shock and betrayal.

    "no." his laugh doesn't sound like laughter. "no, you can't possibly be with them, working with them, right?" you stayed quiet.

"y/n." you look away.

"y/n look at me. look at me and tell me i'm saying bullshit—" but you don't, you don't deny.

    Kakucho looks pained. "no no no, please tell me you're not with them. please god—"

"i'll tell you, i'll tell you everything just hear me for a moment." his jaw tight. Kakucho is barely hanging on, something brewing beneath his shadowed gaze, he was anything but lenient and patient right now.

    Kakucho closes his eyes, and asks. "are you Quoia?"

that stirs you back, "no!" you exclaim. "i'm not and neither are they! they follow my orders and—"

    "did you know what he did? what Hanma did?" Kakucho raises his voice, his eyes open, sincere boring into yours with unadulterated fury. you fail to understand why Kakucho was so mad and fail to catch on how Hanma had turned his head away, adam's apple bobbing.

    "why are we talking about Hanma...?"

    "Hanma Shuji was partly the reason why Izana is dead in the first place and you're saying that he is on your side? he's manipulating you!" you sucked in a partial breath into your lungs at Kakucho's revelation.

    "he and Kisaki Tetta are horrible people. if they didn't ruin Tenjiku and exploited Izana for their own fucked up schemes he would've still been—!"

    "y/n." Hanma tries to reach out to you, reason with you with the way his cadence rose beyond Kakucho's furious one.

    you had twisted towards his direction. "is this true, why haven't you told me?"