14

PART FOURTEEN !
a wild car chase.

            IT'S BEEN A LITTLE OVER TWO WEEKS since Kakucho visited you in your apartment, two weeks since he'd come and rekindled the old friendship between you two, and the days had been rather sluggish. Tokyo city is cold again tonight, your feet exiting the building of the art museum just as soon as your watch hits 7:30pm.

    you let a puff of mist leave between your parted lips, pulling out your phone as you scrolled through your messages. Kakucho had contacted you and said that he would be visiting you after three days. you guessed that it was because of his work, though he never pressed on or added why which left your burning curiosity to wither bitterly on the sidelines of your membrane.

    when it comes to Bonten, Kakucho is adamant in keeping you in the dark with most of its dangerous work. maybe it's to separate you from the danger or maybe an unspoken rule to never speak in details of the organization to others aside from certain members and executives. you shrug at the thought and pocketed your phone, feet tapping along the cold ground back to your apartment.

    but what you aren't aware of until a few more minutes of your walk was the appearance of dark silhouettes following you from behind.

    you didn't feel it at first, a little bit distracted with your own thoughts and about your next artwork compromise with your art dealer until you felt a heavy presence oozing behind your back, it never left even after turning directions a few times. your steps falter, the hairs on the back of your neck standing as cold sweat bead your forehead. is someone after me? a whisper spoke through your spinning head, your pace becoming a little faster, your eyes fleeting towards the road ahead of you, swallowing the bile in your throat.

    going back to your apartment now wouldn't be the right choice.

  after thinking hard, you decided to part from the sidewalk you're walking. you take the risk to peer over your shoulder and just as expected, someone was following you.

    "shit." you cursed, turning your head back as you pulled out your phone. your fingers clumsily scroll through your contacts. you flinched however when you heard a distant rev billowing through the quiet streets, making not only you but the silhouettes as well flinch in surprise. headlights were turned on as it poured brightly making you squint your eyes.

    a BMW car treks to a stop beside you and your eyes widen when the door to the passenger seat opened, revealing familiar purple eyes that stab the windows of your soul. "inside, now."

    "glasses?" Rindou's nickname slips down your lips, your widened eyes lock with his lazy purples. you wouldn't have recognized him now with his mauve-dyed mullet locks if it wasn't for that familiar and nostalgic droopy look that he had resting on you.

    "hey, get in." the window to the driver's seat rolls down slightly, peaking through the dark glass were narrowed turquoise eyes of the pink-haired man you've met a couple of times before. your situation immediately dawns on you. you hastily approach the expensive car, eyes snapping towards the shadowy figures that stood a few feet from you and the vehicle.

    another roar in the distance makes your heart plummet sickeningly, a few distance away a mysterious car is speeding down the street, and it looked like it was gonna hit the back of the BMW head first.

    Rindou leans forward quickly, hands circling your wrist and pulling you impatiently within the car, you stumble into the plush seats and you are engulfed by his opulent woody ambrosial. you barely felt the car steering sharply and just missing the speeding car by a hair's breadth, the squeal of tires grating your ears.