26

PART TWENTY-SIX !
an unpredictable friend.

            WAKASA IMAUSHI IS ANOTHER strange individual to you: from those pair of dark periwinkles and a few tattoos smattering exposed skin, even with a single glance he looked like a person who had burned many hearts of ladies before, and he seemed to have deep connections with Bonten, a threaded history that is unfamiliar to you.

you've already been jutting down on the notebook when the two men settled for simple business talking, and some casual catching up like: how have you been's and glad to see you not kicking the bucket yet's and a few more jokes shared between them. your eyes had already strayed and fled across the grounds with an iota of interest, finding the underground ring more to your curiosity than the conversation before you. Wakasa stops talking when he sees you examining the ring, he puffs out a smoke.

"B1's been a tradition for us." he catches your attention, dragging your eyes back to him, lifting the glass of Louis Roederer Carte Blanche to your lips.

"B...does it stand for Bonten?" he shakes his head. you pause, your lips pursed in confusion.

he satiates your bubbling questions. "it used to stand for Brahman, another gang that i was a part of before Bonten. it was led by his little sister."

your eyes widen a bit, turning to glance at the quiet dark-haired male beside you. "you have a sister?"

"had." bitterness injects his tone. you falter, "she was shot ten years ago, by a rival gang."

he doesn't add further and neither do you press on the matter, taking another sip to sink back and away from the conversation but someone interrupts the three of you before Wakasa has a chance to shift the mood back. he turns his lazy gaze at the unfamiliar presence.

"what is it?"

"sorry to disturb you sir but Arashi-san is back with an accepted invitation from the restaurant that—"

Wakasa lets out a laugh. "so that young'un decided to open up to us? well, that's a first." lazy periwinkles dart towards Takeomi. "oi Takeomi, tell the little boss that he will be receiving his answer after we've settled on a date to meet with that bastard."

you can tell the conversation is taking a heavy tide, taking that as your cue to pardon yourself, you finish the glass that Takeomi poured you before you were shimmying to the edge of the couches. "i'll uh," you can feel eyes on you when you jump to your feet. "i'll look around the area, while you work—" you softly gesture a hand between the two men.

Takeomi studies you a bit, almost as if he was trying to understand you, then he nods his head. "alright," he reaches for something from his pocket, beckons you over and drops a pin on your palm, it shines under the soft hue of the ceiling lights.

"wear that, it shows that you are with Bonten, in case someone wants to pick a fight with you. don't stray too far."

"got it." you quip quickly, Wakasa waves at you and you send him a curt nod, finally turning away.

"cute little thing, isn't she?" the lilac-eyed tilts his head at your retreating form, watching as you leave from his peripheral vision. Takeomi grunts, discarding your glass before pouring more champagne into his.