17

PART SEVENTEEN !
cracking soon enough.

           "THEY WERE TRYING TO KILL THE GIRL?" despite Mikey's poker face, there was a brief flash of shock that crosses his onyx eyes, his full attention pulled away from the supposed food he made the Haitani brothers and Sanzu go and grab for him in the late hours of night.

    Bonten's second hums in reply, rubbing his thumb against his cold fingers. "they all aimed their bullets at her the entire time. bastards completely ignored us, but when we posed a sort of obstacle for them—they also tried to come after us, not that they could win anyways."

    "where is she, Sanzu?" Kakucho's hardened voice reaches the pink's ears. his minty irises meet brooding red and white. his voice sounded hasty, impatient a little too tight from the usual disinterested number three.

    Sanzu brushes him off, bored. "relax, when we arrived at headquarters Ran immediately brought her to a spare room to eat and rest." he stopped for a moment, adding "west wing of the fourth floor by the way."

    to this, Kakucho sighs. his mind is a corybantic mess he cannot control and tame, he absolutely didn't want you to interact with his other co-workers for obvious reasons, fearing the worst to befall you if you did. especially if ever his boss decides to take a sudden interest in you, he won't be able to do anything if that were to happen.

    situations like this where you are caught under crossfire terrifies him more than he thought it would. you leaving Kakucho like Izana did was the last thing he wanted. but if there was one person Kakucho can trust you with at the moment; it was Ran.

    he relaxes back into his chair, letting his ears pick back on the conversation wandering hither thither.

    "if they are actually trying to kill her then our deduction that she might be Quoia's missing daughter might be false." Kokonoi mutters, running a fingertip across the surface of the table.

    Bonten's annual conference room is bustling yet again in the middle of night, not only were the executives busy but other hired secretaries were still wandering within headquarters. the ones present within the meeting room were all executives but Ran (who was accompanying you.) and Takeomi (who left this morning to Guangzhou, China for business matters.)

    Mocchi pipes up, "then what other reason would there be for that girl to be involved with a dangerous and meticulous drug syndicate such as Quoia?" for a split moment, even the battle starving Mochizuki Kanji who only cares about the adrenaline of fighting relives a wraith of the past. the silly and bubbly little girl that he'd look over his shoulder, the girl that would steal his lollipops or try to reprimand her from her antics by hoisting her by the back of her collar like a rag doll cat.

    he sees her girlish grin at the back of his head, letting his thumb run through his honey beard as he ponders. "she's a troublemaker but she was never the foolish type to egg on them."

    "when she was with us she dismissed all claims of knowing about Quoia." Rindou responds. "she might be bluffing, but even acting dumb and denying so much. it's crystal clear right in front of us that they have some sort of bad blood."

    "i mean, didn't Quoia kill her uncle?" Sanzu speaks up amidst the discussion, all eyes land on him as he leans lazily against his chair and continues. "they might be behind the murder of missy's brother fourteen years ago and her friend recently too."

    "purging all her loved ones, huh?" Rindou wonders aloud, then shakes his head.

    Mikey hums, finishing his food as his executives continue to talk. he was listening to each claim carefully then swallows the burnt tofu conquering his taste buds, the clack of his chopsticks against the table raising the attention of the men with ease. "atleast now, we have y/n l/n. whatever Quoia wanted from her, it would be difficult for them to retrieve and at the same time—it would be easier for us to get any information that she might be hiding. both parties are cornered under us."