44

PART FOURTY FOUR !
sinner's ultraviolence ii.

NO ONE SHOULD BE SURPRISED that the news would be riddled of their deeds. talks of crime rate spiking more than the previous year, the sudden fire that lit up in Minato Ward related to gang violence, the panicked underworld when they finally realized that the two dangerous syndicates that were like strongholds on the east and west of Tokyo has finally gone to war with one another.

    for the week that passed after that, everyone's suddenly busy.

    Kokonoi's constantly on his work laptop, always on phone calls with investors and partners all over the city, keeping the payrolls in line and invested stocks steady before the big attack to minimize security damages and have things prepared for when they absorb Quoia.

the Haitanis are in charge of keeping the outside flow, with Roppongi under their arms and the surmount of support and influence, they found a way to cover up Kakucho's mistake—sending someone within the police to erase evidences of Bonten for causing the fire a week ago.

     "an explosion and fire rips through a Tokyo building in downtown Minato Ward. no civilians were harmed. Tokyo police are still investigating the remains of the building, however PSIA suspects this is an act of intentional violence from an active criminal group—" Kakucho straightens, frustration dusting his spine. he didn't mean to press the button of the remote harshly to change the channel, he just wants the reporter to quit yapping.

    Kokonoi raises a brow at Kakucho's quiet act of anger, never pausing from whoever he was in a call with until he got the chance to.

    "what crawled up your ass and died?"

    Kokonoi receives nothing but a billowing glare from Kakucho. when the dark-haired man turns his attention back to the television, Kokonoi frowns. it's weird really. something's changed but Kokonoi cannot seem to pinpoint what it was exactly.    

    "fuck." the door opens and Mochizuki curses, appearing into the office with the Haitani brothers behind him. they were half-damped from the rain, petrichor bruising the sky, ruining the million-dollar carpet below them.

    Kokonoi gives them a sidelong look of ire but doesn't reprimand them. "how's the situation?"

    "you can find cops crawling all over Shinjuku, Shibuya and some nosy investigators trying to infiltrate some of Ran's clubs in Roppongi. got some of my guys to keep watch and make sure they don't find anything. they really are everywhere ever since the crime rates spike, so annoying." Rindou slumps beside Kakucho on the couch.

    grumbling, he added, "i need Nihonshu right now." loosening his tie, Rindou bares his neck tattoo to the cool air.

    "let's keep a low profile for a while then." Koko hums. "also, does anyone know where the fuck Sanzu's at?"

        "fuck if we know where that bubblegum is." Rindou shrugs, tossing his head back and letting the burn of wine settle on the base of his throat. he shares his wine with Kakucho. "he's off leash and currently pulling one of his rare disappearing acts, maybe getting high somewhere."

    "'kay. boss and Takeomi?"

    "both of them are discussing things with B1, got Benkei's men to track Quoia's second leader. how about the database, Koko?" Mochizuki asks after pouring a glass of cranberry for himself from the fridge.