09

PART NINE !
feverish and storms.

           "I'LL BE WAITING OUTSIDE, SANZU you stay here with Takeomi. when you're finished just come out."

    "yes boss." the taffy pink nods his head, his minty irises staring behind Mikey's back as he exits the store with the plastic of dorayaki, his inked Bonten insignia hidden behind the scarf wrapped around his neck.

    with a soft ding humming through the bakery and his boss' platinum blond hair disappearing from his view, Sanzu then leans against the wall watching Takeomi in the counter as he paid for Mikey's purchases. the second executive inhibits himself from standing up and following Mikey by crossing his arms, tapping his finger against his elbow,

there are times where Sanzu would not allow Mikey to be alone, being the leader of a criminal organization threats are present and lurking in every nook and cranny beneath the city of Tokyo. there are many people who wanted his head on a platter, ready for the serving and to end the reign of Bonten, but there were also times in which Mikey would request for the pink specifically to leave him be for a moment or two despite those threats.

    Sanzu may be as stubborn as he was thick headed and recklessly feral but he was never foolish. he can read his boss' expressions and deep down he knew that Mikey though he was strict, a little introverted and cruel now—he still had a heart to feel empathy, to feel solemn and pain.

Sanzu didn't want to be a bother, so he leaves him be for the time being, even though it bothered him that the platinum didn't have someone to protect him when he is at his most vulnerable.

"thank you again for visiting, do come back!" Sanzu lifts his eyes as he sees Takeomi turn away from the cashier, eyes resting towards the pink. the older Akaashi fleets his eyes around the bakery before going back to his brother.

     "where's Mikey?"

    Sanzu nods his head at the door, straightening himself and burying his hands in his pockets afterwards. "he wanted to go outside, we better not make him wait too long."

    Takeomi hums at Sanzu's statement; the two making their way towards the door. the black haired man pushes the glass door open, expecting to see their boss already munching on the dorayaki but what they didn't expect to see was a furious Mikey, in his tightened grasp was a stranger—a girl, almost choking her with his calloused hands alone.

"Mikey?!" Takeomi exclaims when they crossed the road in a haphazard manner after acknowledging the scene before them. when the two gets closer, Sanzu's shock immediately turns into familiarity as he stares at the women for a long moment, wrapping his luminous turquoise eyes around her features. that's the girl from the club last time, he thinks when he finally recognizes her.

"b-boss, what happened—"

"this thing called me Izana." Mikey spits rather harshly. Sanzu stiffens at that, and then he remembered the time when he was with Kakucho; pointing out how he knew her from somewhere and not just at the club.

    the mention of Mikey's sibling caused him to breathe out an irritated sigh. "how does she—"

    "Mikey."

     "what, Sanzu?"

     "that girl is—" the words faltered within the pink's mouth as Mikey felt your physique leaning heavily against his chest, instinctively he reaches out his arms capturing you in his hold. your body continues to fall like you were boneless, just as your legs drop to the floor Mikey scoops you his eyes slightly widening. he lifts his hand and gently brushes it against your forehead growing quieter by the second.