19

PART NINETEEN !
give me you.

            "Y/N L/N." YOU INHALE, sweating a bit as Mikey stares you down balefully. his onyx pupils going over the crooks and divots of your contour, the soft edges of your face and jaw and the fiddling of your cold fingers beside you. the intimidating man before you takes note on every single reaction that coats your face, rendering it within his head.

    you tilt your head a bit in a bow, eyes focused on the little gold light soaking the carpet. "Sano Manjiro-san."

    "Mikey." you hear the soft baritone of his voice rolling through the taut atmosphere. you look up, see his eyes staring back at you casually before gesturing towards the chair opposite of his table, it seems like it has already been readied for you arrival.

    gingerly you nodded, walking across the room and taking a seat, you pause however when you see his fingers caressing a gun that sits on the surface of his desk.

"just call me Mikey, no need to be so formal with me y/n. we are the same age after all."

a rigid breath threatens to escape you, and you tried your best to look unfazed, quelling the trepidation and bitterness within you as you smile a bit.

somehow, it didn't sit right that they did a background check on you. the look of fervent suspicion, the gun, and suddenly the room felt colder to you despite the morning light soaking the thick carpets. it'd be easy for them—for Mikey to lift that gun and shoot you on the spot.

the platinum leans back in his chair, tried to dissipate the tension by saying. "so, are you feeling well rested from yesterday?"

you hum. "yes, thank you for providing me with the best accommodations that you have. i hope i'm not bothering too much."

    he dismisses your statement. "nonsense, you have been roped up with three of my executives' antics." to this, the pink-haired who had been obediently standing beside Mikey fleets his gaze quickly towards his boss before looking back at you, unmoving and unfazed. this was the most diligent you had seen from the rowdy pink.

    "—the accommodations serves as an apology from me. i also properly scolded those three for allowing an innocent like you to be at risked."

    liar. you chuckle softly, "don't be too hard on them, they still saved my life after all."

    there was a glimmer that washes through Mikey's face, making you stutter back a moment. the platinum man straightens his posture, leaning over his desk and intertwining his hands in front of his face. "correct. our rival enemy seemed rather focused and interested in you, so much that they bargained a remuneration for your death."

    the already tensed air seem to soak in heavier grey, and your hands come to sit on your lap, rubbing your thumb against the chill on your fingertips. Sanzu and Kakucho felt the dreaded air too, but they say nothing of it, only watching the exchange between the girl and their boss.

    Mikey cranes his head to the side, lifting a hand on a file that sat on his desk beside the probably loaded gun. "Rindou Haitani reported to me that you avowed to not know Quoia but that statement seemed one-sided. a foolish claim for you to say, doll."

   an endearing nickname slips between his lips and yet it did not brought comfort to you. it almost sounded taunting and scornful. you gulped, parting your lips as you spoke. "because i wasn't lying."

    Mikey raises a brow at you.

and you inhaled, your voice turning into a whisper. "Mikey i'm not your enemy."