21

PART TWENTY-ONE !
bite me.

this chapter contains violence and assault,
if easily triggered please read with caution.

"Y/N L/N, 27 YEAR OLD iS REPORTED MISSING by the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, last scene leaving her apartment in—" the incoherent words of a news reporter travels through your ears when you stalk over towards the headquarters' private space, you peek curiously at who was watching the news in the lounge area and see Rindou and Sanzu at each ends of the couch and the man with a scar on his face sitting on a plush armchair sipping a cigarette.

you'd understand how Bonten manages to dominate Tokyo city and invoke fear into the streets even without their physical presence near the people.

they were constantly busy spreading their influenced around, pumping their roadwork arteries through paperwork or on-field duties and they didn't have time to entertain you everyday.

a week. that's how long you had been within HQ without anything major for you to do besides eating, resting then repeat. and despite them being tied with work, to your utter surprise the most notorious criminals of Japan who calls themselves Bonten executives have been mild and docile when it came to you.

you have gotten a few visits from Kakucho and Ran and they stayed the same, treating you with the open warmth and friendliness, for a moment its like the traces of them being an executive and mauling victims are left at the doorstep before they entered to greet you. Mochizuki was a little hesitant and distant but he welcomed you by gifting you a small vase of baby's breath, the only way for him to show his friendliness.

Rindou would see to it that whenever he bumps into you in the corridors or lounge rooms, he'll annoy you or send you snarky remarks much too childish for someone of his occupation. most times he was successful in doing so, leaving you riled up or irritated as you glared at his retreating figure. you kept your distance around Sanzu, or the man would ignore you whenever he sees you, and you had not seen a glimpse of Mikey or his platinum hair since the meeting.

you have seen Koko the most out of all the executives, it seems like he's mostly stationed in quarters to work behind the scenes and due to his importance at being the constant of Bonten's successful financial stability it's best if he was kept out of harms way, which means he had been keeping you company on days where no one familiar was in the premises; and Kokonoi was kind and rational enough to update you on a few things regarding their investigations with Quoia. he doesn't seem to care about keeping you naive and in the dark with a lot of their shady businesses, he thinks you had a right to know atleast a couple of things.

Rindou is the first to notice you when you walk further into the room, placing down a thermos cup from his face before saying. "look you're famous." he nods his head towards the large screen. you glanced at him for a very long moment, narrowing your eyes as you tried to decipher the younger Haitani today, and somehow you cannot tell if he was being genuine or if he was mocking you.

"i was already famous even before this."

"famous enough to have your face on news?"

"sometimes i wonder if you talk to me just because you love listening to your own mocking voice, stop that." you jab at him. there was a choked snort from the pink and a quick smile from scar man which earned them a harsh glare from Rindou. you finally make your way pass the lounge, ignoring the way the mauve had his burning stare on you. though your attention was focused on the taller, scar man who you weren't well acquainted with yet, but Kakucho told you he was Sanzu's older brother.