07

PART SEVEN !
don't talk about him.

"KAKKUN—?" A NAME LEAVES YOUR LIPS INSTINCTIVELY and you immediately place the warm palm of your hand against your mouth, halting the threaded letters that tumbled out your tongue. right now you are an unfortunate victim to the petrichor as it drowns your shirt and prickle your skins with coldness. when your voice leaves the departure of your lips, speaking of a name you haven't said in so many years, it almost broke you from the carnage within your mind.

    but to someone else who was standing a few footsteps away from you, the endearing nickname caused a train wreck within his barebones and punctured soul.

    he, who was titled as Bonten's third and a man who had no particular passion for anything. a brawler and an empathetic gentleman who had endured years of lonesome days and filthy money, and yet despite the gruesome struggles through the first few years, he managed and pushed through. but seeing another reflection of a childhood he had reminisce fleetly—a memory he desired to go back and seeing you stand in front of him with the same wide eyes as you peer up at him,

    Kakucho, at this very short moment missed you dearly.

he missed your smile, your soft muffled chuckles, your playful jokes you'd pull on Kakucho and Inupi or even as far as to teasing the s62 generation when you had briefly crossed paths with them whilst you'd visit Izana. he missed the way you looked at him so innocently, when you held the ends of his shirt or when you had briefly pressed your lips on his cheek that one time when you were high, making his heart beat two, maybe three times faster. a memory you might've forgotten but it was a memory that stuck to the man like lemon dew between the crevice of his mind.

"sorry a slip of the tongue." you turn away, your back facing them. "please, excuse me."

you were quick to leave, you were dying to get away from them—for what reason? neither the men know.

    "Kakucho!" Ran exclaims when he sees him leave his side to catch up with the you that leaves the cramped and rain drunken alleyway. the mauve had warned him already, but the level-headed Haitani stayed rooted on his spot, he did not dare pursue the aegean-haired because he knew deep down Kakucho had things to settle within himself—in regards to a past old best friend Izana, and the girl who was also considered a precious companion to him.

    "what do we do now, brother?" Ran hears Rindou mutter a silent question. to this the tall man lets out a sigh. he turns to Rindou and Mocchi, giving them a soft-pointed look.

    "just leave him be, i'll try to cover up for his amateur mistake from Mikey just this once. take Roman Nanami back to the car."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

            "wait!" his baritone voice cracks against the pattering street. but his plea reaches dull and cold ears as you continued walking, a little fast paced. due to the rain people had ushered inside buildings leaving a ghostly crowd to wander the wet outdoors, breathing in the minty and earthly downpour through your dried-up lungs.

    the footsteps of the man padded loudly against the soaked algid cement, a brittle that pounded against your ears. you grit your teeth, clenching your hands as you barely gave Kakucho a glance, with cold irises frigid than the stiff weather before them. "sorry, i don't know you." you finalize with a hard tone, trying to pave those six words into his ivory skull.

    the man gulps down the thick hesitation in his throat, "hey." his voice grows soft and his footsteps subside into small strides to match your pace.