24

PART TWENTY-FOUR !
drink it away.

                  RINDOU IS HAVING A SHITTY NIGHT, normally he would be in his condo but tonight he finds himself outside, cruising down a dark alleyway and dragging his heavy feet towards the car parked incongruently beneath the shadows.

    "fucking hell.." he stumbles into his sedan, the sound of the police siren heavy on his ears and his body ached with every divot and dip. but he can't sit still now, he has to move. when he settles onto the driver's seat, he groans when his phone vibrates in the seat beside him. he struggles to accept the call.

    "Rin, what happened—"

    "cheeky bastards never intended to make a deal with Bonten from the very beginning." the male sputters out into the phone, clicking the engine open and veering out from the port warehouses with trembling hands on the steering wheel.

in other words, he fucked up the mission is what happened. carelessness was another thing that led him to be caught in an unfortunate crossfire and speeding down Tokyo's street with a bleeding gash on his right side.

the younger one could hear how his older brother is hissing through the phone. "and you didn't think about bringing back up with you?"

"didn't think i need it." Rindou grits.

    Ran is pacing from the other side of the call. distressed, he grabbed a coat and exited his condo. "where are you know? send me the location."

    Rindou makes a pained noise at the back of his throat. he inhales, fleeting his eyes on the rear-view mirror in case their dealers or the police were tailing him. he sighs in relief when the street behind him is empty. "n-near the quarters. can't make it till Mocchi's apartment, meet me there."

    "don't die on me, Rindou."

    he lets out a bitter chuckle, "'course not." then he ends the call, throwing his phone back on the passenger seat and taking another breath.

    aside from the pain that embedded into his bones, a sense of self-hatred crawled into his veins. Rindou lets out a series of curses between his gritted teeth. he has been fucking up his missions recently, and at this point he is surprised that Mikey hasn't punished him yet: either that his boss was merciful (which was once in every blue-moon.) or maybe he was too busy along Takeomi and Sanzu, trying to track down Quoia's echelon from the borderline of their territory in the west of the city.

    the former or latter choice, it won't matter because he wouldn't be able to escape the disappointment that will definitely cross Mikey's face when he hears about what happened.   

    tonight, Bonten's headquarters is as still as a ghost town. it's in the midst of when work wasn't as tedious as the weeks before. secretaries and personnel retire earlier for the night, it was perfect since Rindou didn't want to walk into quarters half-beaten and bloodied, despite not liking the taste of loneliness Rindou is relieved with the silence as he walked passed the lobby.

    he limps into the elevator and down the private quarters with the scent of blood pressed onto his frayed and ashed fabric suite, a broken lip and a bullet wound on his right abdomen.

    he groans, almost stumbling forward into a closet of wine cellars but Koko's furious face flashed into his head and he collects himself, maneuvering just barely missing the glass and hitting against the wall with a loud thud.