2. Crybaby

"Try to stand still for once

"Try to stand still for once." Maya, my roommate, wraps her hair into a messy bun. She is holding needles to shorten the dress she made for me. Because I was the only one stupid enough to agree to model for her. "You know that I suck at that. I constantly have to keep myself busy."

"I do not care, Brynn. You need to stand still otherwise I will stab you." I chuckle but she keeps staring at me. She is clearly not joking about it. So, I try to stand still while she is fixing the dress. "How is it even possible that you already have schoolwork? It is only the first week of your first year."

"This was actually a summer task. I just kind of forgot about it." Davina has her cup of coffee in her hands. The words 'too hot for you' are written in her horrible writing. We made that cup during one of our many nights getting drunk. "So you use our precious Brynn to stab with your needles? You are such a kind friend."

They keep staring at each other while I don't move one bit. Maya might look adorable but I am actually scared of her. I have only known her for one month but I am more scared of her than my own mother. Probably because my own mother is an angel and acts more like my best friend.

"She loves to do this for me." She looks at me while Davina hides her smile with her cup. I am sure that she is biting the inside of her cheek so she won't laugh at me. "I am just going to keep myself entertained with Love Island."

"Volume loud, please." She puts her thumbs up while I make sure not to move. It is actually way harder than I thought it would be. "Your brother is stalking me again, Brynn. He wants to know if you are going to come to his party tonight."

"Is he hot?" I give her the signature look that I give every girl that asks about my brother. "It is a very important question to be answered, Brynn. Stop glaring at me."

"As if you didn't check my pictures." I can hear Davina's loud laugh from the couch. She has this way too loud but funny laugh. And she doesn't care one bit to hide it. "I did not do such a thing. I find it hurtful that you accuse me of something like that." 

Looking down, I roll my eyes at her. "Okay, I might have stalked both of you before I texted you for the room."

"Good because I did the same." I have my hands above my head while she fixes the front. I have no clue what all those things are but I am glad it is almost over. I don't think that I can stand another hour like this. "I am glad we are all equally weird."

"But the most important question is still unanswered. Is your brother hot?" From the couch, Davina turns her head around. "I am going to be really honest here." She starts to fake throwing up. If my brother would have been here, he would have totally pinched her in the arm and made her say that he is hot.

"That sums up how I feel towards Dallas. He is an okay-looking guy if you are into the whole preppy kind of guy." I start to chuckle when Maya starts to take her phone out. I have gotten used to people liking my brother. He is a pretty decent guy who has a line filled with guys and girls waiting for him. But he likes to tell me he is waiting for the right girl to come along to settle down.