19. Kiss me?

I should have stopped drinking an hour ago but it is my birthday and that means, getting so drunk that I probably will regret it in the morning

I should have stopped drinking an hour ago but it is my birthday and that means, getting so drunk that I probably will regret it in the morning. I let myself get wasted once a year when I don't have to worry about Davina, Dallas, or anyone else. It is my time to just drink without thinking about the consequences.

Which should have been the first clue to why this party could really ruin something good for me.

"Happy birthday, little sister." Dallas is as drunk as me. We have been wishing each other a happy birthday since we woke up this morning. I am quite sure that Davina stopped counting after the tenth time we said it. "I am not your little sister. We are twins so stop saying that."

"Oh, you like to argue when drunk." Dallas wraps his arm around me pulling me closer to him. I am quite sure he is using me to hold himself steady which isn't a good idea because I am doing the same thing as him. We are a lost cause for sure."

"I am just stating facts, Dallie." He groans, not liking his nickname at all, right into my shoulder. "You are five seconds older than me but I am more mature than you are and that is a fact."

"Stop being so whiny about it and come play with us." He leads me through the crowd where Connor is sitting on the couch with the rest of the soccer team. And the first person I am looking for is Mason. But he isn't there.

He promised me he would come once he is done with his assignments. He said that he couldn't get anything done at the library the other time. Which is code for him telling me that I distracted him. But I can't blame him because fuck what he did there, I want to do that again.

I thought it would be awkward between us. And if I am honest, I think it will be when I see him in real life. I have stuck to only texting with him because we just couldn't find the time to meet up this week. Whenever I was free, he was busy. And whenever he found the time, I was out of the house with the girls.

It was like someone from above told us not to meet up for a week because it would be awkward. And I don't know if I should be happy or not about it.

"We are going to play Dallas' favorite game." Connor rolls his eyes when Hunter makes his way over to me. He has been trying again to get my attention which I don't precisely like. I thought he would have forgotten about me but he apparently didn't. "And we are going to play it with his favorite sibling."

"You know that doesn't involve standing so close to me, Hunter?" He shrugs his shoulders and takes the place beside me now. Dallas sees this as his chance to switch places so he sits now beside him. I guess that drunk him is even more protective over me.

But that also means that he trusts Connor with me because I am now sitting beside him. He is smiling at me and it doesn't make me want to blush anymore. I just smile back to him without feeling my whole body freak out. It is the first time in a long time that I don't feel like cringing because of something stupid I did.