5. Face mask

"Landon, how many times have I told you not to leave your clothes on the floor? I am not your maid

"Landon, how many times have I told you not to leave your clothes on the floor? I am not your maid." I pick up most of his clothes and make sure to put them in his hockey bag. I feel like a maid whenever I come home from practice. 

I just don't know how Landon survived living alone last year. He practically leaves a mess wherever he is. I just know what he did in a day because he leaves everything on the ground. The apartment is always a mess but it is nothing compared to the other dorms I saw my first week.

I am quite sure that I saw things that I will never forget. It was nasty and I am sure that my mother would freak out if she saw that. 

She might be a single mother who spends most of her time working, she does care about us. I took over most of the tasks so she didn't have to do them. I did the laundry, cleaned the house, and made food for my little sister.

She thinks that I missed a lot in my life but that is not true. I am grateful for my mother and how she handled all of this. I am proud of her even though she doesn't believe it.

She didn't hide the truth. She was honest and made sure that we got everything our hearts desired as long as it wasn't expensive. And sometimes she worked her ass off more to make sure we got those expensive presents.

"Can't you see that I am busy relaxing?" Landon lays on the couch with a face mask and cucumbers in his hands. He looks actually hurt that I didn't acknowledge his beauty routine. All his products take up so much space in our bathroom and I have no clue what half of them even do for your skin.

But I do use them when we are together in the bathroom.

"Oh, don't let me bother you too much. I didn't mean to ruin your beauty routine." He places the cucumbers back on his eyes and puts the relaxing music on. I am not even shocked about this.

Landon is very honest about what he likes and what he doesn't. He likes to spend nights with his book rather than go out with his hockey friends. We have spent more time on the couch watching movies than going to parties together. 

He can't know but I always look forward to those nights. Parties really aren't my thing anymore.

"Are you going to join us?" Turning around, I see Brynn holding a bowl with what I assume face masks are. She gives me a little smile while holding the bowl in front of me. "It seems like you just made one for yourself so I don't want to bother." I actually just want to get in my bed and sleep because soccer practice was hell.

But I won't say that to her. 

"I can make another one. I don't mind." I should say no because that is what I always do. I don't really care about pleasing people because it is not that they care about me either. I only like a fair amount of people and I guess she is becoming one of them.

And I don't know if I am a fan of that idea.

"I could use one after a hell of practice." She is practically beaming when I settle down on the couch. It shouldn't make me feel so happy that she is smiling because I just say yes to letting her put a face mask on my face. But if I am being honest, I wouldn't let anyone else put that stuff on my face.